Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all does anyone know of a good local powder coating shop in the Vancouer/Portland area?

I am thinking of getting my stock wheels powder coated or painted anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
937 Posts
There is a place that always advertises on Craigslist in the auto parts section. They say that they will do them for $200 a set and they have many finished product photos that look great. Search the auto parts section for powder coat.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Call Advanced Metals 503-491-1415 . Ask for Scott and tell him Lance from Columbia Body sent you . You will need to take tires off and strip the paint off though but they might strip the paint now though .

·
Registered
182 Posts
[quote author=Lincoln link=topic=137086.msg2955642#msg2955642 date=1235408083]
Here is the ad. http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/pts/1038728466.html
[/quote]
Hey I know the dude who posted that.. I had him do my WRX wheels black w/ a flake to match STI black wing... He is awesome. He did all 4 wheels for me for $120.00. He can do pretty much any colour combo & the more stuff you take him, the cheaper it gets... With that being said, Ive been looking for his PH# for awhile not & i'm going to call him up. I'm going to prob do my stock wheels a dark charcol almost black w/ red flake if anyone is interested in doing their wheels same dark colour he may give us a break =} Let me know!

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
[quote author=Cherylynn link=topic=137086.msg2956227#msg2956227 date=1235424524]
[quote author=Lincoln link=topic=137086.msg2955642#msg2955642 date=1235408083]
Here is the ad. http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/pts/1038728466.html
[/quote]
Hey I know the dude who posted that.. I had him do my WRX wheels black w/ a flake to match STI black wing... He is awesome. He did all 4 wheels for me for $120.00. He can do pretty much any colour combo & the more stuff you take him, the cheaper it gets... With that being said, Ive been looking for his PH# for awhile not & i'm going to call him up. I'm going to prob do my stock wheels a dark charcol almost black w/ red flake if anyone is interested in doing their wheels same dark colour he may give us a break =} Let me know!
[/quote]
wow 120 bucks sounds like a sweet deal - Mark go here because I think Advanced would be more expensive

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sweet thanks all for the replys, I would be up for making it a deal to do both our sets of wheels at the same time but im looking for a graphite or gunmetal finish with my stockers. I would just need get my tires dismounted from my wheels but i plan on doing that maybe on my weekend ( thur or Fri ).

·
Registered
182 Posts
[quote author=ptriz21 link=topic=137086.msg2956884#msg2956884 date=1235439571]
that craigslist ad is from forest grove? i have not seen a shop out here that would do powder coating. then again i havent been looking.
[/quote] He has a large house w/ a niec shop on the side. Its not a 'real' shop thats probably why you havnt seen it. I highly recommend him though. =}

·
Registered
182 Posts
[quote author=Spectere link=topic=137086.msg2956781#msg2956781 date=1235437667]
sweet thanks all for the replys, I would be up for making it a deal to do both our sets of wheels at the same time but im looking for a graphite or gunmetal finish with my stockers. I would just need get my tires dismounted from my wheels but i plan on doing that maybe on my weekend ( thur or Fri ).
[/quote]

Im probably going to give him a call tomorrow & see if he's down to do it this weekend- I have Wed & Sunday off So i'd be dismounting my wheels prob Wed. Im off work at like 4 or 5 Saturday- So prob drop them off to him then if hes available. If you want to look into it/go with me let me know. Graphite might be simular to what I'm looking to do too.. He has, no joke, thousands of colour samples and finishs to pick from..

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a set of wheels already dismounted and ready to powder coat.

If you can get a significantly better price for 2 sets, I'm down to go in on it with you.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Cherylynn when you give him a call could u see if he could give us a deal....;).

I would like to roll out there with ya and see his shop and some of the color choices he has. I work swing shift at the airport so I could either do it in the morning on one of your days off or do it on one of my days off.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[quote author=ej25power link=topic=137086.msg2957053#msg2957053 date=1235443390]
I have a set of wheels already dismounted and ready to powder coat.

If you can get a significantly better price for 2 sets, I'm down to go in on it with you.
[/quote]
Lol....looks like we might have a mini group deal going...:)

·
Registered
182 Posts
So looks like maybe 3 or 4 sets for him.. He'll prob give us a good price w/ that quanity. Ill call tomorrow, ask & let everyone know. Since ive had stuff done thru him before + new biz incoming I dont see why he wouldnt give us a good deal =}

BTW. My normal schedule w/ work is Mon-Fri 11.30AM-8.30PM w/ Sats & Suns off. But this week I have Wed & Sunday off & working till 4.30PM Saturday-
With that said for anyone wanting to roll out w/ me. I'm prob going to go pick out colours/maybe pay Jamie Wed if he has time. & drop off wheels Sat or Sunday. If others want to go Wed sometime & pick out colours etc. I can always take ur wheels w/ me when I drop mine off etc.

We'll figure it out after I call dude tomorrow morning & see what his schedule is looking like.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Tell him, that becuase of this thread, he will be getting a call from me. ;) Im looking at having my wheels powder coated once I get them off the car and old tires (this is my white GT project car currently parked in my back yard). So add me to the list. :D

·
Registered
937 Posts
I desperately need my rx8 wheels powder coated!
I just got new tires put on and they were a major PITA!!!
If I can get another set soon thenh I am in for sure.
Let's see what kind of deal we can get!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts