Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i know this is a long shot.. but does anyone know of a good place i can get my CAI installed in Torrance/Gardena, CA? I was unable to do the mod myself because i have had absolutely no time with school and work everyday. So i was hoping someone knew of a place that i could leave my car for a few hours while im at work... i know its a long shot, but it never hurts to try =)

·
Registered
612 Posts
It really only takes like an hour. You don't have an hour? I work full time, have a part-time on the side, go to school, and make time for the gym/leisure/gf/etc. Time management skills are in need of refinement. Just make sure no one charges you more than an hour labor. Good luck.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really DON'T have an hour. i use that for sleep. I got to class at 8:30 till 3:15. Then its off to work till 9. I have to drive home, so thats another 45 min. By the time i get home, eat dinner, do my hw its around midnight. Then i have to wake up at 7 again to get ready for class. This happens 6 days a week. on sundays its a 10 hour work day so i don't really want to sit under my car for something i dont have much of a clue of what im doing. Tell me how to manage my time/work in a different way and then ill consider your post. I was asking for a place that maybe someone might know about, not a post of time management.

·
Registered
756 Posts
[quote author=MS3 Sport link=topic=71498.msg1259106#msg1259106 date=1173486400]
I really DON'T have an hour. i use that for sleep. I got to class at 8:30 till 3:15. Then its off to work till 9. I have to drive home, so thats another 45 min. By the time i get home, eat dinner, do my hw its around midnight. Then i have to wake up at 7 again to get ready for class. This happens 6 days a week. on sundays its a 10 hour work day so i don't really want to sit under my car for something i dont have much of a clue of what im doing. Tell me how to manage my time/work in a different way and then ill consider your post. I was asking for a place that maybe someone might know about, not a post of time management.
[/quote]

I completely symphatize with you. I completed all of my university degrees while working full time and I barely had time to eat and sleep. Even now I had to crank it up on a Friday night exactly a week ago and I was done at 11:00pm (it took me 4 hours). I'm good at some things like finance and soft applications, but not at car modding and upgrading.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
^^I'm a wreck by 10pm...LOL. Still can't fall asleep until 2am. Get up at six, rinse, repeat :x

·
Registered
612 Posts
[quote author=MS3 Sport link=topic=71498.msg1259106#msg1259106 date=1173486400]
[/quote]

Sorry you took that offensively, really did not mean it that way. All I was saying is that if you look at the instructions, give them a good reading (you are a student they shouldn't be hard to absorb), you would find that it is not to difficult. Not to mention the feeling of satisfaction you get from doing it yourself and saving the money on labor and the time and hassle of finding someone to take you to the shop and back and so on.

Also, if you look at what else I wrote, you can see that my life is pretty much just as hectic. 48-72 hours at the FD, another 10-25 depending on the week at the pt job, and then six credit hours in medic school two nights a week (not to mention hospital time, which is a ten hour shift randomly throughout the semester seven times; luckily I get my ride times done at work :) ). All this after a degree is already under my belt. :? That was a lot of fun earning also. :(

On a different note, I applaud you for pursuing your education and working as hard as you seem to. It will make it all the more sweeter once you get where you want to be. Once again, sorry to rub you the wrong way, it was just a thought after all. No hard feelings here and I hope you may feel the same. Good luck again, and make sure they do not charge you to much.

·
Registered
20 Posts
not sure how much my local mechanic would charge but he seems to do a pretty good job when I had brought in my P5 and recently my MS3. He's on overland close by venice blvd in palms, think his place is called Nelson's/Mazda Place or something. Nice guy but prices arent that cheap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts