Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.davidnavone.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=N-774

Just had my system installed and thought I would pass on a little info on this product link. I installed a Visonik 50x4 high current amp and the same CDT package as Vaboom.
The installer I used is considered one of, if not the best installer in the city. He was amazed at this line converter and felt that nothing was lost in using the factory HU with aftermarket amp and speakers. In his opinion, he has seen nothing on the market that comes close. This particular audio dealer sells nothing but high end, including Vocal, Boston , and Diamond - they warned me that I would most likely not be satisfied with a line converter install using the factory HU - everyone in the shop was amazed after the job was completed - they simply could not believe.
Anyway, for those who want to keep the cool factory HU, this is a good option - keep in mind, I'm not an expert on this subject - I go by what the pros (and my ears) tell me -

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
How do ya like the CDTs? Not one bit disappointed eh?

I put one of DN LOCs on order. My friend needs one in his Accord, and Ive never installed one before. Im almost positive it will be a high quality piece as DN has a reputation for. He is plastered all over the car audio forums as being the best integration piece.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the CDT's - well this is the 1st time I ever bought a speaker without 1st hearing it. I'm not disappointed - they seem very soft (for lack of a better word) - no harsh tweets or hollow mid's - very solid and natural. I think they will most likely liven up a bit as they break in. I played a little Jack Johnson on them to see how they handled the acoustics - this is were they really shine. Bottom line, they are outstanding for the money

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Another happy customer. I was impressed the very first time I heard them. The customer that brought them to us swears up and down it was one of the best component sets ever made.

I just remember the first time, tuning them. We popped in a DMB cd and it was absolutely incredible.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BTW VaBoom - thanks for the write up :)
The install guy used it and found it very helpful - this was his 1st install on a Mazda3 and you saved him a ton of time (which saved me some money), especially on the dash and doors.
That sticky is going to come in handy for a lot of the guys on this board - good job!

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Thanks!

Glad the guide extends outside of forum members only.

·
Registered
192 Posts
So where did they install the LOC's? Could they fit them behind the factory headunit? I was looking at getting these for when I do my stereo but was curious as to where they would go.

I was thinking of getting Infinity Kappa series speakers but by the sounds of it the CDT's are doing pretty well. Maybe I will have to give them some consideration.

Thanks,
newblu3

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
The LOC would fit behind the deck. But why put it there and run a 16ft RCA when you could run wires to the back and use a 3ft RCA?

Either way it would work.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
newblu3 said:
So where did they install the LOC's? Could they fit them behind the factory headunit? I was looking at getting these for when I do my stereo but was curious as to where they would go.

I was thinking of getting Infinity Kappa series speakers but by the sounds of it the CDT's are doing pretty well. Maybe I will have to give them some consideration.

Thanks,
newblu3
I've got Kappa's (6.5's) in my RX7 - the CDT's sound better

1 - 9 of 9 Posts