Mazda3 Forums banner

LOC and BASSLINK...

1562 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  vaBooM
Sorry, 2 questions in one here.

1. Which (Navonne) LOC do I need if I only want to power a sub with an amp and run the speakers off the HU? (2 or 4 channel?)

2. Is it possible to power a sub (with LOC and an amp) AND have power to all four speakers from the HU? Or does the LOC take away your ability to power the rear speakers?

One more...Has anyone here installed an Infinity Basslink in there 3? I have a hatch and I like the size of the basslink and I have read good things about it. Keep in mind my last car had a 8 inch bazooka tube @100 watts. My plan is to replace all of the stock speakers (while powering them with the HU) and add a moderate 10 inch sub. Any info or suggestions would be greatlt appreciated. Sorry for the huge post.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
the answer to #2 is yes. you will not need any LOC for the basslink because it has a speaker-level input.
Dont need a LOC if the unit has speaker level inputs.

Your factory headunit will power everything else.

vB
vaBooM said:
Dont need a LOC if the unit has speaker level inputs.

Your factory headunit will power everything else.

vB
Thanks VaBoom...I had a local chain (Circuit City) try to sell me one of their LOC's with the Basslink even though i knew it has speaker level inputs. I find it interesting that people who install this stuff for a living (sort of) would be ignorant to obvious facts...or just flat out lying. Either way, I know where NOT to go!

He did say something over the phone about the LOC having slightly better sound quality than running the wires directly into the Basslink. What do you think?
Yes and maybe. Measurable? Yes. Auditable? Maybe.

With so many people out there with LOCs, why redesign it? Chances are, the speaker level inputs are made by a manufacturer (such as Peripheral) that mass produces it.

With low frequencies, there is no difference. With high frequencies, its possible there is an improvment by using a LOC.

Overall, a LOC is equal to speaker level inputs except the LOCs that are powered or adjustable. Then they are superior.

v??B
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.