Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the mazda website
Of course, even repairs without charge still mean that the dealer has your car. We know there's never a good time to be without your wheels, and with the Mazda Transportation Solution, you won't have to be. Repairs under warranty will no longer keep you off the road. Take your car in for warranty work at a participating Mazda dealership, and you can get a loaner car at no charge. Just ask. You won't have to arrange your day around a repair schedule, ask friends for rides, or catch up on your magazine reading while you wait. The Mazda Transportation Solution is in effect for every 2001, 2002 or 2003 Mazda for the duration of the new vehicle limited warranty. You'll find all the details at your Mazda Dealer.

See your dealer for complete details. "
So... i asked the dealer yesterday (the 2 mazda dealers i've gone to only offer drop off shuttle and no pick up, unlike honda) about this policy and why i hadn't received a loaner car when the rattle in my car was an issue covered under warranty.

dealer: "well we give loaners for 'safety issues' and major services (30k, 60k, etc.)"

so i said "what is defined as a safety issue?" and he says that it's things like airbags..

what kind of BS is that? anyone know where it's explicitly written? If the dealer can just make up their own loaner policy, then what a dupe for mazda to make a statement about this supposed benefit?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah that sounds like what the situation is. dealerships have total control. my only issue with it, is that for the mz3 in particular, they tout a no hassle loaner policy for warranty covered work. This is something that the salesmen use as a selling point as well. so, if my door is rattling, and it takes them from 8:30 am to 5pm to fix it, then I still have to as the website says

arrange your day around a repair schedule, ask friends for rides,...
both the dealers that i went to don't even offer a pickup shuttle.

sure i never got a loaner car when i used to have a honda, but at least they would pick me up at work so i wouldn't have to go around the office asking for rides.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.