Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the mazda website
Of course, even repairs without charge still mean that the dealer has your car. We know there's never a good time to be without your wheels, and with the Mazda Transportation Solution, you won't have to be. Repairs under warranty will no longer keep you off the road. Take your car in for warranty work at a participating Mazda dealership, and you can get a loaner car at no charge. Just ask. You won't have to arrange your day around a repair schedule, ask friends for rides, or catch up on your magazine reading while you wait. The Mazda Transportation Solution is in effect for every 2001, 2002 or 2003 Mazda for the duration of the new vehicle limited warranty. You'll find all the details at your Mazda Dealer.

See your dealer for complete details. "
So... i asked the dealer yesterday (the 2 mazda dealers i've gone to only offer drop off shuttle and no pick up, unlike honda) about this policy and why i hadn't received a loaner car when the rattle in my car was an issue covered under warranty.

dealer: "well we give loaners for 'safety issues' and major services (30k, 60k, etc.)"

so i said "what is defined as a safety issue?" and he says that it's things like airbags..

what kind of BS is that? anyone know where it's explicitly written? If the dealer can just make up their own loaner policy, then what a dupe for mazda to make a statement about this supposed benefit?

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
call mazda and complain about your specific dealer. get them to bitch the dealer out about this.

·
Registered
192 Posts
My windshield wiper wasnt installed properly after having the car 6 days I had to use them for the first time and they scraped the paint on the inner part of the fender where the fender meets the windshield. I took the car in and they had it for 5 days. Free loaner car the whole time and I didnt even have to ask for one. I think it all depends on your dealer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
A lot of it is based off of the dealership. Some dealerships may have a fleet of cars that are for nothing more than loaners, where as others might have to go through a rental agency (Thifty, Enterprise, Hertz). It does slightly depend on what the concern is as well. I have seen rental car claims declined by mazda because a customer wanted a rental car for a trim piece on on the right rear window. So it all depends. Though, I personally dont see why someone needs a rental car for a cigarette lighter not working and things like that. Check with the dealership. Smaller dealerships wont give a rental car out unless it is a safety issue or something that is going to take time to check out. The reason it varies is because Mazda authorizes rentals with some jobs, but not with others. If your radio is broke and they have to replace it, chances are they wont give you one because it will take a short time to fix it, but if you have an engine light on, they will. Dealerships have the power ;)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah that sounds like what the situation is. dealerships have total control. my only issue with it, is that for the mz3 in particular, they tout a no hassle loaner policy for warranty covered work. This is something that the salesmen use as a selling point as well. so, if my door is rattling, and it takes them from 8:30 am to 5pm to fix it, then I still have to as the website says

arrange your day around a repair schedule, ask friends for rides,...
both the dealers that i went to don't even offer a pickup shuttle.

sure i never got a loaner car when i used to have a honda, but at least they would pick me up at work so i wouldn't have to go around the office asking for rides.

·
Registered
267 Posts
In my extended warranty agreement, it states specifically that I get a loaner car if and only if it is a warranty repair and if and only if they expect to have the car longer than 24 hours. Thats how it was on my old car too... and they really try to screw you over with this rule. Just stick to your guns and demand it if they are keeping your car for a while.

·
Registered
254 Posts
this sucks, sorry to hear it oskicat, i had to get my car waxed and remotes programmed and given to me (things that weren't done at delivery) and their internet was down and couldn't pull up the loaner schedule, so they called enterprise and got me in a rental to be billed to them... just for a waxing and remotes.. i would see if another service center is willing to hook you up, even if it's a bit of a further trek or whatever

·
Registered
420 Posts
When I bought my 3, the salesman said they usually will give you/me one of their used cars off the lot to drive. Said going through a rental agency was inefficient(sp?).

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Rent a car from anywhere and tell em to slap the dealer the bill...

Nah, that wont really work (and if it did.. they must be hella stupid). Pretty lame, Mazda states on their website that the service is free. Then the dealer tells you no, its only for major services.

Bunch of BS... I agree, complain to Mazda.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts