Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a preview of the Mazda3 in a Sport Compact Car on a tuesday, did all my research on wednesday, checked my finances and decided to buy it on thursday, and was signing the papers at the dealership on Saturday... Well that was two weeks ago, and the dealer quoted me 2 months to get here :( ... I test drove a bare orange hatch, which was an awesome drive, but not my color... Apparently, there are no 3's with navigation in Illinois yet...

SO, I got the ABs package, Xenon/TPMS, Moonroof/6 CD, leather, and navigation... as soon as i read the list to the dealer, his eyes lit up, I bet i made his day... Invoice, I came up with $20,380, he wanted a $1000 over invoice... we did the back and forth game with the sales manager, etc... and I walked out of there with $250 over invoice... I also got the $500 cash back for graduating college last year...

WORD TO THE WISE: my sales guy told me they have not been selling a lot since no one knows about them yet... They are starting a large U.S. ad campaign starting in mid-Jan to early Feb (take his words with a grain of salt)... The negotiation was easy in that it only took a total of twenty minutes. They are very willing to deal on these right now... Had I known that before the negotiation, I would have tried offering $100 over invoice and bluff to walk out... Obviously, if they havent started selling these on a regular basis, they have no justification for asking $1000 over invoice... I think it behooves us all to get these before the masses hear about them, raise demand and dealers get the upper hand...

Don't worry I gots a digital camera so as soon as this car arrives, I'll post pics but once again, 2 months, that hurts...

EDIT: Heading for uniformity :twisted:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Yeah, I agree that the actual demand rush hasn't hit them yet. They gave me the "Not less than MSRP line too" but when they found out other dealers were dropping their prices for me, they did the same.

After January if Mazda's ad campaign is worth anything (I should take over for whoever is in charge), its gonna be harder to deal and longer wait times for ordering.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I paid $20,380 + $250 = $20,630 + tax.title.license $1525 = $22,155 - graduate cash back $500 = $21,655 out the door...

Where else can you get leather, navi, and HID's for $22K? :D

sold as a mazda fan already and i only drove it for 10 minutes!!!

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
Loaded3 said:
I paid $20,380 + $250 = $20,630 + tax.title.license $1525 = $22,155 - graduate cash back $500 = $21,655 out the door...

Where else can you get leather, navi, and HID's for $22K? :D
yeah that's pretty awesome. that's what I paid for my 6, without tt&l.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sweetness... my car finally arrived today... One day short of 9 weeks waiting for this thing... I wanted to pick it up tonight after work, but the dealer says it will take 2.5 hours to inspect it and make sure everything is in proper order... He said it would take longer than usual because the navigation has to be calibrated... oh well... I should have it by tomorrow and pics by this weekend!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Who's your dealer? Got mine at Autobarn.

My story's similar - decided to look at the car on a Wednesday, went Saturday, drove it. Bought it. Still love it.

I've yet to see another on the road in Chicago...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yea, I live in Lombard, Illinois and I had some trouble finding one. I went to Wilkins Mazda and put a deposit down on one, but I started feeling like they were jerking me around. They were looking within a 75 mile radius and nobody had one, so they said I would have to wait for them to get another shipment in. I left and started calling around and one dealer had 4 of what I was looking for. I called Wilkins on it, and they said "oh, we don't trade with that dealer". So I said screw it and went to the dealer that had them. Got the MZ3 in my sig for $13,200 with my beat up 96 buick as a trade. I think I got a hell of a deal!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I live in carol stream, and I bought from Wilkins Mazda because my friend previously purchased a 6s from there and his sales guy was pretty cool so I bought from him... at the time, no dealer in Illinois had a 3 with navigation... Schaumburg Mazda was rude, and Biggers Mazda never called me back so I just went with Wilkins...

So far, I have only seen a silver hatch around Bloomingdale... other than that, the 3 representation has been pretty weak...

Good to see other 3 owners from Illinois on this board...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts