Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the little vent looking thing, right in front of the key hole on the dash. It has a few vertical openings that are cut diagonal in the dash. I'll try to shoot a pic if I feel up to it.

TIA
Craig

·
Registered
947 Posts
That look very much like the opening for a temperature sensor. I don't know if anything is behind there, but the position looks about right.

It would have been used for the non-US spec cars that have automatic climate control.

·
Registered
889 Posts
LeeLee said:
That look very much like the opening for a temperature sensor. I don't know if anything is behind there, but the position looks about right.

It would have been used for the non-US spec cars that have automatic climate control.
It is for the tow hook.

Ops... thought you were talking about the thing on the front bumper :oops:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
LOL!

·
Registered
744 Posts
I thought it might be the speaker for the warning rings, key in the ignition, lights on, low tire (with TPMS), etc...

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
I have that in the Maxi and it has auto clmt ctrl but not on the PRO - I also saw it in Audis... Hence, add my vote for an auto climate ctrl sensor (N/A in NA).

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
The slots are there for auto climate control.

But if you drop the panel in the NA cars, you wont see anything behind it except a mounting spot for the sensor.

You'll see this on all the high end cars.

·
Registered
744 Posts
n1smo said:
LeeLee said:

It is for the tow hook.

Ops... thought you were talking about the thing on the front bumper :oops:
The thing on the front bumber is for a sort of hook. I saw them on all the cars when I went to a Port in Brunswick, GA. I think it is a way for them to move the cars onto trailers without actually driving them.

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
LOL. Not another tow hook discussion :)

That vent-looking holes near the key ignition is a warning speaker.....I guess :p You know, when you dun wear seatbelts, unlocked door, etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts