Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we've all taken off our battery vent. When you unscrew the plastic phillips screw the small piece that the screw goes into and actually holds everything pops off and flies into the distance. This time I actually lost one.

I took one from a more useless place, but can you buy these things anywhere?

like a hardware store or pep boys? anyone had this happen?

·
Registered
36,001 Posts
I dont know where you can buy it, but I know that piece is fairly useless. I dont have any of that plastic there thats above the intake, including the battery duct. It looks much cleaner without it, IMO.

·
Registered
768 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
[quote author=sdemo45 link=topic=140367.msg3025660#msg3025660 date=1238378506]
I dont know where you can buy it, but I know that piece is fairly useless. I dont have any of that plastic there thats above the intake, including the battery duct. It looks much cleaner without it, IMO.
[/quote]
Your battery box cover still on? I thought about removing that piece as well but want to keep the cover for the battery box on. Lot easier to get to the air filter that way.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha. if I lose another and don't get an intake then I'll post a WTB : little plastic thing. lol

That link above DOES have the piece i'm talking about, or it looks exactly like it so thanks.

how useful is that battery air vent? I like the idea that mazda tried.

·
Registered
36,001 Posts
I like Mazda's "idea" as well, but I cant see it working very effectively. I've gone on rather long road trips in 80+ degree weather without any problem from the battery.

[quote author=cclngthr link=topic=140367.msg3025718#msg3025718 date=1238379491]
Your battery box cover still on? I thought about removing that piece as well but want to keep the cover for the battery box on. Lot easier to get to the air filter that way.
[/quote]

Yeah, my cover is still on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts