Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, here it goes. I am new to Mazda, but so far I love it. Here is my dilemma. I know who to look for for most other imports (ie. Honda, Subaru, VW) but I am at a loss as to who to turn to when it comes to after market support for my speed3. I propose, for myself and all of the others that are new to this car/mazda in general, that those of you who are more familiar compile a list of who to possibly turn to for modding our cars on this post. :) I hope you all find this to be as useful I expect this may be for myself.

On a side note, I wonder if any of you are familiar with APR's plug and play technology for VW/Audi? The reason I ask is that I found it to be top notch, and hope that it has or will be employed in some form or another for us. As implied above, if you have the information, please share it! :lol:

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
I am familiar with the apr plug and play, very nice device. Right now Cobb and XEDE are both working on plug and play devices. Do a search and you will find all you need to know about both. XEDE is just about ready and has claimed 288 whp with no other mods. Cobb has yet to produce any results.

·
Registered
1 Posts
[quote author=dread link=topic=66573.msg1142343#msg1142343 date=1168438391]
I am familiar with the apr plug and play, very nice device. Right now Cobb and XEDE are both working on plug and play devices. Do a search and you will find all you need to know about both. XEDE is just about ready and has claimed 288 whp with no other mods. Cobb has yet to produce any results.
[/quote]

Well the nice thing about the XEDE is they are NOT as likely to drop the support the way TurboXS did on the evo guys. You should see the posts on the evo forum about being hung out to dry with their utecs. The TurboXS unit works ok, but their support looks real shady. Look at the way the value dropped on the utecs over there, guys that paid 900+ are giving them away for 200 and less becasues of the way they got hosed on support and updates.

At least Vishnu has been with Mazda from their beginning. Just something to keep in mind when shopping around.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really liked the ability to switch maps on the fly with the APR programming, not to mention if you did the pnp flash as opposed to removing and reprogramming the ECU it was damn cheap! $200 for the ability to switch from stock to stage 1 and back. Sweetness.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I know the guys at AMS, and I remember when they first opened. I know that once they get their hands on one, they will more than likely offer some awesome products too.

I personally would rather spend another 400 or so and invest in an AEM standalone system. Much more tunability. I am just waiting to see how the market goes though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts