Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those boosted, whats your daily PSI your are runing, Race PSI and Max ever tried?

I will go 1st,

7 PSI wastegate spring, Im hitting closer to 6.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
haha thats what built internals will do for you...im trying to locate the place to cryo and temper my gears...suposedly theres a place in florida...while my engine is out i'll send those but if i do all that then daily will be about 12lbs ahha and about 18 for fun...hahah i really dont know what i'll run...i have to see driveability and traction

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you better make sure the FWD can handle that. I doubt it. I see a snapped axle as soon as you put that power to the ground.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I'm running at about 29.921 (inHG) @ 1 ATM. AKA: 0 PSI Boost daily still strong.

Estimated 16.5 sec 1/4 mile @ 80mph FTW.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[quote author=HouRman link=topic=68234.msg1177059#msg1177059 date=1170188422]
I'm running at about 29.921 (inHG) @ 1 ATM. AKA: 0 PSI Boost daily still strong.

Estimated 16.5 sec 1/4 mile @ 80mph FTW.
[/quote]

lol. you jackass.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
i don't think axles have been shown to be any sort of issue on this car yet. that i know of.

i've been running 15/16psi pretty much all the time. on the track i actually was running less as even on 8psi the tires would spin on every turn, so full boost was only for the front and back straight. within a week of getting the car back i'll be running 20psi through the midrange, i'd guess about 16 at the 7500 redline.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
On the streets I have it at 6 - 10psi.
I have been up too 14psi.

I don't see a problem with the axels, if anything I think the autos would go first as they look alot smaller than the MTX.
But unless you are reving up too 6000rpms and dumping the clutch on a freshly prepped track with drag slicks you should be good.

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
UP to 12psi here and no problems what os ever, hot, cold, day, night.

Great system Juan. Got any new things I can do to the Haltech?

Also Juan, help me fix my cruise :)

·
Registered
544 Posts
7.5 psi..... soon to be 0 in my RX-8 (fingers crossed)

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Its gonna suck when your new RX8 is slower than your boosted 3. :lol: :lol:

BTW, I know you saw my EGT thread, you ever check your AF or egt's?

·
Registered
544 Posts
If i keep the car, pending sale right now, im gonna get all that shit looked at.... did you get your haltech yet?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts