Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the voided warranties lately. I thought it would be helpful if we had a thread where people could post about good or bad experiences with dealers in regards to modifications.

Some people are getting warranties voided for just having sway bars and after searching even putting in a radio and boost gage.

So list
Dealer
Modifications
Any issues or problems

This may be helpful for people going to the dealer to avoid the ones that are giving so much grief.

I have about 4 dealers in my area, so I would like to know which ones are going to be problems when I start modding.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Galpin Mazda of Santa Clarita Ca.
Cobb SRI, GReddy Type RS BPV, GReddy Ti-C CBE, GReddy Boost Gauge in Glowshift single pillar pod, GReddy shift knob, GReddy FATT.
had to have the bose tsb done. took the car in talked to vanessa, she took care of it no problem at all. didnt ask a question, might have helped that my high school friend is a salesman there and talked to her. lol
great experience

Galpin Mazda San Fernando Ca.
Phillyb's car lol. MSCAI, Map Clamp.
ECU bricked and they voided his warranty asap. i know he didnt do the best install but damn i have heard other horror stories.
will stay away from here they suck!!!

·
Registered
658 Posts
BALISE MAZDA
635 RIVERDALE STREET
WEST SPRINGFIELD, MA

Not where i got my car from but have been using them for oil changes and service, i have had springs, intake and the rear sway bar on when i bring it and they haven't said anything. Which doesn't mean much since i haven't tried to get an warranty service so they may still deny me.

LIBERTY MAZDA
91 WEST SERVICE ROAD
HARTFORD, CT

Bought the car from here, avoid at all costs. Pretty much thieves and scumbags and they are likely to deny you service on a stock car...

·
Registered
10,527 Posts
Billco Motors. Pittsburgh, PA
Simota CAI, StreetGlow neons, Enkei wheels, stubby antenna

They didn't give me any problems. The guy who worked on my car all the time actually liked what I did with the car.

·
Registered
42 Posts
[quote author=skeeter149 link=topic=135562.msg2918938#msg2918938 date=1233981862]
Galpin Mazda of Santa Clarita Ca.
Cobb SRI, GReddy Type RS BPV, GReddy Ti-C CBE, GReddy Boost Gauge in Glowshift single pillar pod, GReddy shift knob, GReddy FATT.
had to have the bose tsb done. took the car in talked to vanessa, she took care of it no problem at all. didnt ask a question, might have helped that my high school friend is a salesman there and talked to her. lol
great experience
[/quote]

That's where I purchased my MS3. Part of their sales pitch to me (even though I walked in planning to buy) was that "all of the STI and EVO guys are now into modding these things (MS3)." Ever since then I've wondered how they would respond to a modded car, since it was actually part of their sell. The people there seemed pretty cool and easy to talk to, though.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Dealers voiding the warranty

so I figured we need a list of dealers that will void the warranty. Also if your dealer is mod friendly list them here. I think this will be a great resource for many people.

my dealer is Hamilton Mazda in New Jersey. He is mod friendly. had turbo swapped with the race pipe and intake, and engine mount, and redline mt 90.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Re: Dealers voiding the warranty

yea, i heard that hamilton mazda will also install the parts for you as well. i think they do CPE (killa cam is working with them)

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
hayward mazda california

already two forum member got work done there with heavy and light modds....one have engine replaced...other have harness replaced

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Not a good idea to be posting the locations of sympathetic dealers on the forums. Mazda reads these forums and we are going to end up with no mod friendly dealers with threads like this. Post the bad dealers but not the good ones.

·
Registered
149 Posts
the dealership i bought my car from goes by the book, they tried to charge me $400 to install the mazdaspeed intake on top of the cost of the intake $400. So id be paying $800 for a damn intake. They said if i did it then my warranty would could be voided if something were to happen because of the intake. If they do it its covered under my warranty as if it were there when i bought it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
they are full of shit, luckily im not that dumb and im going to a different dealership to buy it and get it installed. To me it is worth paying the money to get it installed and not have to worry about a potentialy voided warranty in the future.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
[quote author=crazian05 link=topic=135562.msg2935305#msg2935305 date=1234564358]
they are full of shit, luckily im not that dumb and im going to a different dealership to buy it and get it installed. To me it is worth paying the money to get it installed and not have to worry about a potentialy voided warranty in the future.
[/quote]

Just b/c a dealership tells you your warranty won't be void if they install the part doesn't mean Mazda NA will honor that. The dealership will say anything to get your wallet open. When it comes time for something major like an engine or tranny, Mazda NA couldn't give a rats ass who installed it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts