·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Linksys WRT54G V8 Wireless Router - BRAND NEW NEVER USED $55 shipped OBO

Specifications

*Model: WRT54G
*Standards: IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11b
*Channels: 11 Channels (US, Canada) ; 13 Channels (Europe, Japan)
*Ports/Buttons Internet: One 10/100 RJ-45 Port
LAN: Four 10/100 RJ-45 Switched Ports
One Power Port
One Reset Button
One SecureEasySetup Button
*Cabling Type: CAT 5
*LEDs: Power, DMZ, WLAN, LAN (1, 2, 3, 4), Internet, SecureEasySetup
*RF Power Output: 18 dBm
*UPnP able/cert: Able
*Security Features: Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI) Firewall, Internet Policy
*Wireless Security Wi-Fi Protected Access™ 2 (WPA2), WEP, Wireless MAC Filtering

2. Linksys WRT54G V2 Wireless Router - USED $40 shipped OBO
SOLD

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Re: Linksys Wireless Routers

Thanks, got it on Saturday. I did not get a chance to try it out yet but appears to be in perfect condition and the packing was outstanding. Was that airpack something you made for the router or dide you just get lucky with a perfect fit?

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

[quote author=TiocfaidhÁrLá link=topic=158521.msg3376063#msg3376063 date=1255963047]
Thanks, got it on Saturday. I did not get a chance to try it out yet but appears to be in perfect condition and the packing was outstanding. Was that airpack something you made for the router or dide you just get lucky with a perfect fit?
[/quote]

I found that around my house, not sure what came in it but kept it in case I ever had to ship anything :lol: came great for this and as you saw fitment was perfect haha . Thanks, I like to pack things as I would like people to pack them for me.
Let me know how everything works out.

Linksys WRT54G V8 still available

·
Registered
658 Posts

does that one support hacked firmware?

·
Registered
7,643 Posts

Dude i need a router! I forgot you had em till i came across this topic! You got any left? Needs to be compatible with a verizon dsl modem tho.

·
theykickedmeoffnasioc
15,460 Posts

[quote author=3driverPA link=topic=158521.msg3406890#msg3406890 date=1257649087]
Dude i need a router! I forgot you had em till i came across this topic! You got any left? Needs to be compatible with a verizon dsl modem tho.
[/quote]
As far as I know, as long as your modem outputs to an ethernet then it should be fine.

·
Registered
7,643 Posts

That it does have, and according to verizon my model is compatible, I just need to bridge it or something.

Juan where u at? Lol

·
Registered
6,667 Posts
I just bought a D-Link, but this is a good deal. Especially because you want to read the following line at ALL COSTS:

DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT THINK ABOUT PURCHASING THE LINKSYS 'DESTROYED BY CISCO' ALIENWARE-LOOKING ROUTERS. Thousands of sources have provided feedback to these and are terrible with signal drops, reboots required, etc unless you upgrade it to the 'hacked' firmware. Of course people will have their own opinions but this is from my personal research looking for a new router. So if this is still available, go for it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts