1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Yes. A good EQ should put out all seperate channels including sub output.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Or if you have about $650 lying around, you could get the Alpine PXA-H700. 31 band graphic equalizer, I think 5 band parametric equ, digital crossover, and DD5.1 and DTS decoding (doesn't really make a difference if you're just using CDs).

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Or if you have about $650 lying around, you could get the Alpine PXA-H700. 31 band graphic equalizer, I think 5 band parametric equ, digital crossover, and DD5.1 and DTS decoding (doesn't really make a difference if you're just using CDs).
That's A little too hi-tech for what i'm doin :lol: . Maybe someday down the road, makin the big bucks, ill do something like that. For now though, im gonna stick with somethin a little more simple.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
I would recommend Audiocontrol EQ's. They are decently cheap (starting at $250 and up) and work wonders.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another question, on an eq like this, http://www.audiocontrol.com/MobileAudio/Products/Equalizers/EQS.html that has 3 input and 3 output channels, do you need 3 loc's or can you just get one loc and send the signal to one of the channels and output to 3 channels, if so, which channel, front or rear would you send it too? sorry for all the questions, but i really wanna install this myself when i do it. Or maybe just go with this smaller one, http://www.audiocontrol.com/MobileAudio/Products/InDash/Three1.html

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
The EQS or 3.1 have speaker level inputs. You dont need a LOC in this case. One input will power the whole unit. It doesnt matter if you go with the fronts or rears to power a LOC.

If you go with one of these EQs, you will not need a LOC.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oooooh, ok i see, thanks vaBooM. I should have notice that earlier, that makes it easier. I wonder which one i should go with?
Any mounting suggestions from anyone, i was thinking the glove box cause their is so much damn room in their. I was also thinking the center console for something like that 3.1 but I don't think it would fit in their, the center console isnt very long. Also, If I hook up the speaker level inputs to that eq, will I still have fading capabilities from the head unit? Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
No, you will not be able to fade. If your concerned about fading, then run 2 LOCs and run RCAs from the LOCs to the EQ.

As for mounting, the EQS is too big for anywhere other than next to the amps. The 3.1 will fit in the glovebox, from what I can see.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts