Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Mazda 3 and was wondering if a place like Best Buy or another car audio place can install just a simple Line in for my mp3 player to the factory stereo? It has an AUX button and I didn't know if that meant it had an available place for installing a line in. I don't really want to have to deal with FM transmitters and their poor sound quality.

·
Registered
96 Posts
im pretty sure they can do that..but If I were you I would give your money to a reputable local shop..they often charge a little less and you will have better service. I know around here people hate best buy and circuit city, bad installs.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Best Buy, or any other audio shop, won't be able to install an aux input that will work with the factory headunit...at a place like that, you'll have to buy an aftermarket headunit with a built-in aux input.

What will work with your 05, though, is the Auxmod Basic (www.sylfex.com). It's $60 and plugs into the factory headunit, to give you a standard stereo minijack aux in. It's pretty easy to install yourself; there are guides here in the forums that show how to do it. For a novice, I'd say it would take 30 minutes tops.

·
Registered
611 Posts
[quote author=DrWebster link=topic=66681.msg1144448#msg1144448 date=1168541262]
Best Buy, or any other audio shop, won't be able to install an aux input that will work with the factory headunit...at a place like that, you'll have to buy an aftermarket headunit with a built-in aux input.

What will work with your 05, though, is the Auxmod Basic (www.sylfex.com). It's $60 and plugs into the factory headunit, to give you a standard stereo minijack aux in. It's pretty easy to install yourself; there are guides here in the forums that show how to do it. For a novice, I'd say it would take 30 minutes tops.
[/quote] :bigok: :bigok: :bigok: :bigok:

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
From sylfex.com

7/18/06 AuxMod Basic software v1.3 (aka v1.21) is now the current shipping version. This fixes all known software issues with AuxMod. All 2006 Radios now work flawlessly and an older bug that somehow crept back into a test release has been resolved.
We are planning on releasing approximately 500 AuxMod Advanced modules in August to waitlisted people. We will contact you as the modules become available.
;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
[quote author=mike mz3 link=topic=66681.msg1152345#msg1152345 date=1168968090]
what can you do if you have an 06' 3 S?
[/quote]

Same thing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Quick question: Does somebody know which shipping method Sylfex (Auxmod maker) uses? Just trying to decide whether to sent to work or home.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts