Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never heard of these before, but now they got me wondering. I am planning on installing just a amp and subwoofer would a line driver be needed? If so would it be a huge difference in sound, if so why and how. I was just planning on useing a LOC hooked up too the rear speaker wires behind the deck and run RCA's to the amp.
Thanks

---Herb---

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
A line driver boosts the signal from the LOC to the amps. More in, means more out with less strain on the amp.

I plan to sell my line driver as I plan to go with a parametric eq/processor. If interested, it would go for $70 shipped.

·
Registered
315 Posts
The other option is to find an amp that has high level inputs. That simply means the amp can accept the wires straight from the 3's CD player.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Possible, but most Class D (sub monoblock) amps cant accept high level in. Since I noticed most people would just be adding subs to the factory HU, that wouldnt work.

I have seen some of the cheezy MTX Road Thunder "so-called" monoblocks having high level in, but those are in the Best Buy blue light special.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts