Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one know which company sells limited slip differentials? Also how easy is the install and what are the reviews about them. Thanks guys :)

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
Quaife, Kaaz and Cusco are all well-respected companies which make an LSD for the 3. I personally have a Quaife and love it. Tigermack is planning on getting a Kaaz. I don't know anyone with the Cusco... they make awesome stuff, but Tri-Point did do some testing with it and preferred the Quaife in our car for street use.

As far as the install... it's not easy. I had it installed by professionals with lots of experience working on transmissions. I believe there was a little machining of the selector fork involved to make it fit perfectly.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Can the Quaife LSD be using on a 4-speed auto or is for the manual only?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote author=cali_axela link=topic=133895.msg2877471#msg2877471 date=1232479644]
Quaife, Kaaz and Cusco are all well-respected companies which make an LSD for the 3. I personally have a Quaife and love it. Tigermack is planning on getting a Kaaz. I don't know anyone with the Cusco... they make awesome stuff, but Tri-Point did do some testing with it and preferred the Quaife in our car for street use.

As far as the install... it's not easy. I had it installed by professionals with lots of experience working on transmissions. I believe there was a little machining of the selector fork involved to make it fit perfectly.
[/quote]

Where do u buy the Quaife? And how much was the install?

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
[quote author=prototype99 link=topic=133895.msg2877522#msg2877522 date=1232480422]
Can the Quaife LSD be using on a 4-speed auto or is for the manual only?
[/quote]

Manual only...

[quote author=LuisDC link=topic=133895.msg2877551#msg2877551 date=1232481040]
Where do u buy the Quaife? And how much was the install?
[/quote]

I bought it from Tri-Point and had them install it at the same time as my kit, so I'm not sure how much the install would run normally. Give them a call and chat about it if you're thinking of getting one with your kit too.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Last I saw the quaife was about $1300 just for the part - gotta figure at least $400 for the install.

Edit: Just found it on the corksport website for $1651, but they have always been kinda pricey. Not that $1300 is cheap, but I'm sure if you shop around you can find one for that price.

Down at the bottom of the page:
http://corksport.com/store/category/6ak6/axe-drivetrain.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.