Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've used a good number of P2P programs over the years such as Napster (WHEN IT WAS FREE), WinMX, Soulseek, etc. but for some odd reason, a lot of my newer programs aren't doing the best of job finding the music I'm looking for. I really don't like dealing with Torrents and was wondering if any of you out there had some suggestions on a program I could use. The first one of you who suggests iTunes...I'm kicking you in the nuts, lol.

·
Banned
13,838 Posts
Programs wont change it much. Pretty much all the same pool of music, its really luck honestly. My recommendation is torrents, just use a site that has comments to see if recent ones say of songs missing or anything. Torrents vs use of limewire is no different in terms of legitimacy or lack thereof.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I'll see if I can find a torrent site I like. I've just always liked using Soulseek and what not versus Torrents because they're more convenient to an extent.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Torrents were too difficult to get to install for me. I just use limewire and deal with what's available. I was able to get a lot of music when Napter, Audiogalaxy, and Kazaa were free. I'm still able to d/l new albums by John Mayer, Incubus, Weezer, Foo Fighters, or pretty much anything else I want. I don't listen to underground music so I really have no problem finding mainstream music.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Yeah Limewire Pro seems to work out for me. It's all I use and I always get what I'm searching for.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, here's my update so far:

My roomate told me to DL Azureus which I did and then I started looking around for torrents. Here's what I've found out so far about these so called "awesome torrents". I found that when downloading, I was getting a much better DL speed and the quality of the songs were pretty damn nice but the downfalls are that it's hard enough trying to track down a song you really want that's not that well known. As well, when you just want 1 song from a cd, most of the time you'll only have the option to DL the entire cd with a rare option of being able to pick 1 song out of the packet of files. That alone was kind of annoying. Oh well, at least I found some of the songs I was looking for. I was REALLY looking for "let me out" by Future Leaders of the World. Whoever finds that song is a winner. Thanks for all of the suggestions and I might have to try jamglue.com if things start to get hairy again.

·
Registered
38,019 Posts
Heh I dunno, I've always preferred having the whole album myself...i look at it kind of like Jay-Z, that you don't sell movies as individual scenes, so why, when so many records these days have songs that segue into each other, would you only get single tracks. Personal preference as usual, eh :)

Check www.torrentscan.net, you can select from multiple trackers...I don't know if this Azureus of yours is similar to that or not, but it often turns up torrents that I can't find on piratebay, even though piratebay's torrents tend to be more reliable :)

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
[quote author=MyZoom7 link=topic=116167.msg2429119#msg2429119 date=1214837044]
[quote author=Alec Trevelyan link=topic=116167.msg2429113#msg2429113 date=1214836746]
[quote author=MyZoom7 link=topic=116167.msg2429107#msg2429107 date=1214836454]
http://www.jamglue.com/tracks/4044939-01-Let-Me-Out
[/quote]

I think you'd be justified in saying "I told you so" right about now :lol:
[/quote]
Nah.. I had the track and I uploaded it
[/quote]

I gotta jet to work but when I get back home, I'm def. gonn have to snag that song. You my friend, are a winner :cheers:

·
Registered
38,019 Posts
[quote author=MyZoom7 link=topic=116167.msg2429119#msg2429119 date=1214837044]
[quote author=Alec Trevelyan link=topic=116167.msg2429113#msg2429113 date=1214836746]
[quote author=MyZoom7 link=topic=116167.msg2429107#msg2429107 date=1214836454]
http://www.jamglue.com/tracks/4044939-01-Let-Me-Out
[/quote]

I think you'd be justified in saying "I told you so" right about now :lol:
[/quote]
Nah.. I had the track and I uploaded it
[/quote]

Ohhhh...shouldn't have told us, we would've just thought you had mad skillz :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts