Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you can see......

My license plate is clearly visible. I have been pulled over twice in the last 3 weeks for my license plate covers. Anyone else have these and get hassled for them?

·
Registered
305 Posts
That sux.
I have no front plate (illegal), 20% tint all around (illegal), and a clear bubble/chrome plate cover on the rear (illegal, i think). Never been pulled over (yet).

Course now I say that I'll probably be busted tonight. :?

Can't tell from the pic, but is your cover tinted? Used to have a tinted on another car, got pulled over several times until I threw it out. Like that lip!

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
i have gotten pulled over for the rear smoked license plate cover. Officer said that because it had dirty on it, at a certain angle it was not visible. He saw that i had front tint, smoked tails, exhaust, and no front plate, and said, people usually dont follow those rules anyways, so just go home and take off the cover. no fix it ticket, but thats prolly because i know his boss, so he let me go. Btw.. this was in CA

·
Registered
853 Posts
I had to take my smoke colored covers off my plates. They looked really good dang it. I couldn't figure out why the cop was pulling us over and that was it...DOH.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have a clear one and the police don't seem to care. I have been tailed several times.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
man i love that part about being here in florida...NO FRONT PLATES :) i have a smoked cover on my rear one though and been tailed many of times but i think is bc at night the light reflects and is pretty bright on my plate almost as if i dont have one.

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
my rear cover is mildly tinted. never had a problem. i often run my front plate mounted behind the lower grille without a problem either. of course, my town is relatively quiet so if you're pulled over, as long as joe pig can read the writing, it's cool.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts