Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally picked mine tonight. I wish I bought it in summer, the car looks good but with black rims it's not super :) I guess I will appreciate it more this summer when I will put the 17" mags, it will be like having a new car again !

Very few complaints so far, except that I wish I could have a traction control (which I already miss from my previous Saab) and the radio is barely OK. I will upgrade the speakers in a near future I think.

Awsome car for the money !

·
Registered
154 Posts
Congrats on the new car!!!
I believe it would be more fun to drive this car in Montreal than driving in some other city with more highway...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks !

Can't wait for springtime... I should get the Michelin Pilot Sport N2 (like the MXX3). It should corner pretty well.

I'm quite amazed with the direction and suspension of the car, pretty stiff seats and ride which I like a lot.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Contact me in the Spring if your interested about the 17" wheels off the hatch.

Going 19s baby :D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the offer but I kept the stock 17" mags as well... except they don't have tires right now.

Wow 19" !?! What is the profile of the tire ? 40 ? 35 ? With what kind of tire ?

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Toyo T1-S baby. Otherwise.. I dunno lol

Im thinking 225/35/19, havent measured the backspace yet but Im thinking the rim will be 19x8".

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm curious ... regarding the traction control, I know the 3 doesn't have it, but when I took one for a test drive, I noticed that it comes out of turns as though it has a limited slip differential up in front just like the Mazdaspeed Protege. I haven't found any such reference to there being a LSD in the 3, so I'm assuming there isn't one, am I right? Haven't seen the underside of the car so I have no clue ...

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Even if you could see under the car.. the LSD is inside the tranny.

And to answer your question: No it doesnt have one. I think the tranny is more balanced inside of hugging the drivers side. Hence why it feels like there is one.

·
Registered
272 Posts
vaBooM said:
Even if you could see under the car.. the LSD is inside the tranny.
Really? That's a new one on me...Like on RWD cars...The differential is between the two wheels on the rear axel itself...Is it different for FWD or am I just totally clueless?

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Yes. Inside the tranny, where the driveshafts go in, is where you will find the infamous, differential.

On a RWD, because you can see the housing, doesnt mean you can see the differential itself.

·
Registered
272 Posts
vaBooM said:
Yes. Inside the tranny, where the driveshafts go in, is where you will find the infamous, differential.

On a RWD, because you can see the housing, doesnt mean you can see the differential itself.
Wow, I had no idea. I thought there were extra gears or some other gizmo in the "housing" in the axel that regulated the torque split. Looks like I have some reading up to do...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts