Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are the lexol leather cleaner and conditioner WIPES roughly as good as the SPRAYS? I would rather use the wipes bc they seem easier, but not if the quality is going to be that much worse. thanks.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
I have never used the wipes, but I have read more then once that each wipe doesn't go very far before they are dry. I really like Lexol, and I see no real benefit from the wipes, other than a quick clean up when you're away from home.

Darryl

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
The wipes are fast and easy and will be soaked with the product.

I just find they don't have that long of a shelf life compared to the bottle product.

They also don't have as many uses before they run out, hence the cheaper price.

Although for convenience you really can't beat it. heh

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
[quote author=hellofargis link=topic=71312.msg1254011#msg1254011 date=1173284796]
thanks. hey d bone -- your pics and posts were a big reason why I went CWP, btw.
[/quote]

Awesome!! :D I may be just a tad biased, but I think you made the best choice! 8)

Darryl

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
I use the spray at home but I do keep the wipes in the car for emergencies.
I can't give an opinion on them because I've never spilled anything...yet (knocks on wood).

·
Registered
79 Posts
I found a great detailer a few years ago and here's what he suggested...

- spray Lexol leather conditioner on a soft cloth
- use the cloth to apply the conditioner somewhat liberally to a small patch of leather (ex: seat cushion)
- rub the conditioner into the leather with your hands, especially the folds of the leather and high wear areas like side bolsters
- wipe off the excess with a soft cloth
- OPTIONAL: gently buff the leather a few hours later

It worked great. I put 127K on my car and conditioned the leather about once a year and it had no cracks or tears.

D.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts