Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have been cramming information about gauges for the last week or so, quietly reading suby forums... useing wikipedia... and of course google to find tid bits

I found out that there isnt really a more accurate gauge as far as electrical and mechanical gauges go, they both have there disadvantages and advantages.....

Brand of gauge will play the most important as most users have said. Not to go cheap because it wont be that accurate.

Cost wise mechanical is cheaper but then there is companies that make electric gauges at mechanical prices.
Installation electric is easier, plus some mechanical guages fluids have to run into the cabin

And you thought there was a few brands of gauges.... :lmao:
There are so many its confusing

Lots start with "pro" or "auto" and some sound the same

egauges.com has the most complete line up of gauges that i found. Also places like ebay, amazon, and Nextag.com will have sorted out misc gauges

Feel free to express feelings or add info that can help other members

·
Registered
948 Posts
Being that im fairly new to gauges visual have been important to me. Price is also a large consideration as im not running a race car here.
As far as accuracy i can only depend on the companies quality (aka price) to tell me how accurate they are. I had Autometer in my cutlass and they were crap, but they were from decades long past. I like my Prosport it has only the features i need and none of those i dont need. The nexus seem a bit too "toyish" to me. Too complicted like, new computers. LOL. But i am interested to see what else is out there, had i know about that site i dont think i woulda even been able to decide.

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats what im hopeing, i have a cart ready to check out and its $921.99 :shock:
For 3 gauges and the controller

I just think its very fancy the Nexus series and all the programs, SD card add on to record information and other stuff that you would never come from a gauge, plus 7 colors of course

I think i need to hit myself with the reality stick before i spend a grand on gauges

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also want a 30/30 boost/vac gauge with 270 sweep
and not many companies do it, they are all around 200

·
Registered
948 Posts
[quote author=Mattleegee link=topic=69798.msg1214636#msg1214636 date=1171773890]
I also want a 30/30 boost/vac gauge with 270 sweep
and not many companies do it, they are all around 200
[/quote]
If you ever find a way to get 30 psi into this block then you can justify a gauge of that measuring caliber. Its kinda overkill to be able to measure 30/30

·
Registered
948 Posts
Whats your view on the Prosports Matt? I like them and until i hook up a manual to double check the accuracy i will believe that its dead on.

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
check replied PM about that

i meant i want

0-20 on the boost side to be big and spread out, not all close toghter
if you catch my drift...

·
Registered
948 Posts
yeah i understand the desire for anice spread out 20 lbs boost, but unless you really need to visualize .2 lbs i dont think it woud be crucial. If you set the prosport gauge up and set the warning limit you get an idea of what 1 lb looks like. As i see it when im driving i only have time to look at the gauge fo rlike 2 secs, by that time the peak has hit and gone and were settled at 15. Oh well good luck finding your utopia.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
the nexus stuff is cool but you'll never use half the crap unless you track the car often. The thing makes yuo buy the software just to read the results on the computer and thats like an extra $100. Same with Defi's and such, your paying for the name really. I can track my own peak boost without paying $300 for a single gauge. Our turbo's are so computer controlled anyways they don't have the inherent problems that aftermarket kits have. Honestly I love my prosport gauges and I've had like autometer, defi, HKS and apexi. Everyone shys away from them cause they think they care cheap but in reality their stuff is just as good if not better. They've been around for over 30 years making race parts. If you want the nexus go for it. But our cars are red, unless you have terrible taste I doubt you will be putting it on green or yellow just to look cool. And it has fancy startup patterns, big whoop. It's not worth $900 for something you see for 3s IMO. My $0.02

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes i realized that last night with some help from others

Ordered ProSport Premiums
boost/oil temp/oil pressure :)

$227 after shipping with Streetunit.com (a sponsor)

·
Registered
282 Posts
i might have to buy some of these prosport guages as well - just need to make a center guage holder (since we dont have sat nav option in Australia)

something like this................

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thats what im doing right now... to bad they would face the wrong way for you RHD guys... haha

1 - 20 of 34 Posts