Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,927 Posts
[quote author=deluxe link=topic=72498.msg1279415#msg1279415 date=1174418330]
[quote author=the415 link=topic=72498.msg1279120#msg1279120 date=1174413939]
you will need new lugs....wheel locks are up to you

the lugs you need are: 12mm pitch 1.5" length

225/40 is the best size...your speedo will be off by 1.8mph i believe.
[/quote]

Why do you need new lugs? What is different between aftermarket and stock lugs if you don't care about locks?

[/quote]

there is a difference. i am no guru, but the stock lugs are for stock wheels, and the tuner lugs are for tuner wheels. i called evasive motorsports to ask about some alex racing lugnuts, and when i told him what wheels i had(2003.5 mazdaspeed protege wheels) he told me he would not sell to me due to safety issues. i cant remember the exact wording, but i do know that he told me there are huge differences other than just the size.

· Registered
3,927 Posts
summer tires should, under no circumstances, be used in snow or winter climate; such as canadia. all season tires last longer. kumho ecsta asx's are an inexpensive tire, and are also a forum favorite, check em out! and it looks like youve been on 1010tire alot, but have you looked at tirerack.com, they are very competitive and extremely knowledgeable! please keep in mind that when shopping for tires, there is no standard tests for measuring treadlife. i.e: a 420 rating with nitto may be a 340 with yokohama; thus: a 420 rated nitto will last, in essence, twice as long as a 210 rated nitto. the numbers only mean something within each respective company.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.