Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gas prices suck, oil companies need to stop making record profits quarter after quarter.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
First, complaining gets us nowhere.

Second, unless you're a fan of near catastrophic shortages and gas lines, there is no level of government intervention that will lower gas prices.

Oil and gas are priced on an open market. The prices aren't set by the big oil companies.

So what, exactly, is your solution?

http://www.fordfusionclub.com/index.php?topic=100504.0

Read that thread, a good debate on oil companies and their profits (once it went OT, anyways :lol: ).

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im WAY to tired to read anything and remember it. And ya complaining doesn't work in the us, we need to start blowing things up. And as for a shortage HAHAHAHAHA

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=ITHURTZ link=topic=110334.msg2273970#msg2273970 date=1209509054]
And as for a shortage HAHAHAHAHA
[/quote]

Have you ever watched a TV program that wasn't on MTV or read a book that wasn't a popup?

What, exactly, do you think would happen to domestic supply if the government somehow tried to cap fuel prices or limit oil company profits?

Kinda strange how you start a debate thread, yet cop out when it's time to support your position. Oh wells...

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I'm tired of hearing about this. The media has us all scared into thinking the worst. I'm sure that things will level out soon.
Just keep your foot out of the hole! :smokinamd:

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=Chris06Fusion link=topic=110334.msg2274181#msg2274181 date=1209512544]
I'm tired of hearing about this. The media has us all scared into thinking the worst. I'm sure that things will level out soon.
[/quote]

I believe you'll see much cheaper crude prices in 2-3 months. Unfortunately I bet we're in for gas prices over $3 for the next 12 months at least :(

·
Registered
31,080 Posts
:mad:

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Basic needs now cost more, big deal. We need to eat, and to travel (work, school, etc). I too feel bad for the trucker who could barely make ends meet before, let alone now with Diesel prices. As for the average dumb consumer, pay up. Guess you can't buy that starbucks, cigs, or stupid celeb magazine you would before. Driving on cheap gasoline is not a right. Realize enemies of this country own virtually all the stockpiles, and the other enemies own all your debt. The Middle East OR Asia can bring this economy to it's knees in no time if they wanted to. It's amazing how stupid this country is, how corrupt the politicans are, and how so few actually care. Heck I'm only 25, but the one advice I'd give anyone on this board is invest in different currency. If you think the dollar isen't worth shit now, wait another 5 years when we have another $5 Trillion in debt. All while gas is $8 a gallon, food is 3x what it used to be, and programs like medicare and social security go bankrupt. What a country.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
[quote author=Mummyman link=topic=110334.msg2274368#msg2274368 date=1209516051]
Basic needs now cost more, big deal. We need to eat, and to travel (work, school, etc). I too feel bad for the trucker who could barely make ends meet before, let alone now with Diesel prices. As for the average dumb consumer, pay up. Guess you can't buy that starbucks, cigs, or stupid celeb magazine you would before. Driving on cheap gasoline is not a right. Realize enemies of this country own virtually all the stockpiles, and the other enemies own all your debt. The Middle East OR Asia can bring this economy to it's knees in no time if they wanted to. It's amazing how stupid this country is, how corrupt the politicans are, and how so few actually care. Heck I'm only 25, but the one advice I'd give anyone on this board is invest in different currency. If you think the dollar isen't worth shit now, wait another 5 years when we have another $5 Trillion in debt. All while gas is $8 a gallon, food is 3x what it used to be, and programs like medicare and social security go bankrupt. What a country.
[/quote]

No shit, we are going to have one HELL of a lifetime to go through. I should have been born in the 30's so I would be dead before the world goes to hell. Time to get off gasoline and grow my own food! Backyard?na I got a mini farm!

·
Registered
969 Posts
I think that its BS that they keep on charging more and more just to gain profit. Then on top of it they go to the government asking for money because they don't have enough.....But you know? Everyone complains about gas prices going up BUT! We continue to purchase large gas guzzling SUV's and instead of stop paying for the high prices its like everybody is attracted to them. You know as long as its being bought the prices will continue to rise......

·
Registered
380 Posts
"I think that its BS that they keep on charging more and more just to gain profit. Then on top of it they go to the government asking for money because they don't have enough.....But you know? Everyone complains about gas prices going up BUT! We continue to purchase large gas guzzling SUV's and instead of stop paying for the high prices its like everybody is attracted to them. You know as long as its being bought the prices will continue to rise......"

They are charging more because the US dollar is weak. The reason it is weak is because a shitload of people brought house they could not afford. The dollar should recover one the FEDs stop cutting interest rates. Thank the Americans who brought shit they could not afford and expect the government to bail them out.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
$3.799 for 87 octane in my town. :( 1/4 tank left in the car, too.

The problem with capping the price is it won't be profitable, so gas companies will have to lay off employees, which lowers production, which raises demand and pushes prices up. 99% of you/us didn't have to live through the fuel shortages in the '70s. From what I have heard, we have it pretty good right now.

·
Registered
380 Posts
"i cant complain to much about the prices anymore. .. im just glad i dont have that damn lifted diesel truck anymore.. stupid 8.25mpg."

At todays diesel prices that would be over 50cents a mile.

1 - 20 of 143 Posts