Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
****UPDATE****

The following message has been posted on "the other board" from Carpe Diem (maker of the MaxFlo internal pump upgrade sold by PG)

Following this message is a message from Ken at Protege Garage

_________________________________________________________________________________________

To the community -

I hate to see people post up like this. This is not how we anticipated this to go. As I've seen other key members of the community state - there is a general recall for all parts - installed or not.

The fuel pumps should be returned to the distributor in which they were purchased from - which will then be returned to us for examination. Clearly there are some issues - yet in several test vehicles (nothing was changed between test vehicles and consumer products) the results were supreme across the board - some with the upgraded spring, some without.

Please return your fuel pumps to the distributors at once, installed or not - if you choose to receive a replacement kit. I will have the website updated as soon as possible. I hate that this happens on a weekend - much less an upcoming vacation week for myself.

Once again - to those who are active here, know others with the product, or on other forums (I cannot cover all forums - its just not possible) please instruct them of the recall. It'll be splashed on the opening page of the website as soon as possible. Also, please PM or contact Carpe Diem Industries through the website if you plan to take action with this recall.

I'm thoroughly depressed to say the opening of this came out this way - it sickens me - and puts a bad taste in the company mouth from the get go. I believe in what we're doing - the whole company does. We know that we have the best parts in the industry hands down, its just a matter of QC during final assembly and shipment, to ensure that the proper clearances are put together. I will personally ensure that the others who have interacted with these parts, of pre-shipment, are not part of the QC steps as we resolve this issue. I've had my words with the 3 others who have participated in the preparation of the MaxFlo pump kits, and everyone is leaving it in my hands.

I know there are stress levels through the roof from many enthusiasts and members. You are being taken care of - your investment is safe, and I promise incredible results very, very soon, as well as an assured, timely fix.

Carpe Diem Industries

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Obviously, no company wants to do what I am about to do. I do this without hesitation recognizing a situation that needs to be nipped in the bud. I have spoken at length with the people over at Carpe Diem Industries, and we are issuing a recall on the MAXFLO pump internals. Protege Garage is committed to the customers who have made our business a success over the last seven years, and this will be no exception. Carpe Diem is committed to the flagship product they have put months of effort, design and research into, and will be absorbing whatever cost and effort to make this situation rectified and correct for everyone.

Effective immediately, I am sending back all excess stock of internals for immediate inspection and if need be, disposal and refabrication. We will not be taking orders on the MAXFLO internals until we can isolate the reason we have gone from prototype kits with great results to faulty kits that have failed all of our best expectations. I cannot express the whirlwind of regret and disappointment with which I write this post. We have sold a product which has let the customer down, and this will be fixed regardless of what needs to be done or how it needs to be done.

Any uninstalled or defective kits we will be having returned to Carpe Diem under the general recall. Obviously, this is not the entry into the market the people running that company want to make, so they are fully vested in solving the problem. Any kits which are installed and functioning normally do not need to be removed and sent back at this time. Carpe Diem will be working and communicating with me and the community throughout the duration of this process to fix the situation.

I want to thank Randy (Palerider) for his assistance to everyone on the forums while I was away from my home this weekend, and for his communicating with me on the urgency of this matter. I am not ignorant to the magnitude of this recall. I am aware of the damage this has the potential to do for Carpe Diem and of course for me as the reseller. Knowing that, it is the ethical and moral thing for me to make good on the trust placed in me to issue this recall and make sure that no one who spent money with us has a product that fails to do what we or the manufacturer states it will. Carpe Diem is behind the product, and I have no qualms about doing the right thing regardless of the consequences involved for me personally or professionally.

I have set up a separate account to accept requests for warranty return and replacment. This email address is [email protected] . Please contact me immediately regarding your fuel pump issue if you have one and I will be handling emails there round the clock until every last individual is taken care of.

Thank you
Ken

___________________________________________________________________________________

I dont fucken get it...

did the install just like the how-to's said...but now I'm getting less fuel pressure then before.

at partial WOT I wont see above 800 psi...I went wot for a second and it dies even more and goes to 500 psi.

Other then that it drives normal...wtf is the problem??? any ideas???

The piston has the flat edge down...bevelled edge up towards the spring. Spring is on there correct...was tightened down hard with a breaker bar.

all connections are on there correct...both high pressure fuel lines...the low pressure line is on correct as well...the 17mm nut didnt move...i have no idea wat the deal is...

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Re: LESS fuel pressure with protege garage CDFP internals!!!

Damnit, I just ordered this, and your the 4th user already that has low pressure with the new internals!! WTF! Only one person has posted good logs. I hope more people that have these will chime in with their results. At this point, I don't want to install the upgrade.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

so its not just me??? where are these other users??

fuck...

·
Registered
1,433 Posts

MSF, but I'm waiting on PG to come up with a definate answer on this. Not very optimistic right now.

·
Registered
368 Posts

I was just about to pull the trigger on this upgrade, think I'll wait to see what others have to say about it...

·
Registered
6,919 Posts

[quote author=lucky sevens link=topic=138921.msg2994528#msg2994528 date=1237070694]
I was just about to pull the trigger on this upgrade, think I'll wait to see what others have to say about it...
[/quote]good call even tho mine are working perfectly I might take em out

·
Registered
692 Posts

[quote author=lucky sevens link=topic=138921.msg2994528#msg2994528 date=1237070694]
[/quote]

+1 I was just about to do this as well.

·
Registered
6,919 Posts

[quote author=Cataphract_40 link=topic=138921.msg2994599#msg2994599 date=1237073699]
[/quote]

+1 I was just about to do this as well.
[/quote]since when ford made speed3's lol

·
Registered
2,788 Posts

i haz the kmd tuning (what PG used to sell) internals...its been fine

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

There are other people on the other forum having problems too...then there are others who are fine...but I havnt seen anyone that has had it as bad as me...

Stock my car idled at 440 psi

With the new internals it idled at 190 psi :shock:

I couldnt go over partial throttle without my fuel pressure plummiting.

I just took the upgraded internals out and put the stock ones back in...and the fuel pressure is back to normal. So it is definatly the internals and not a shitty installing job on my part.

On the other forum Carpe Diem (compnay that makes the maxflo internals) said they will replace any that are having problems...which kind of fustrates me because its obvious that this product fucking blows. All it is is a shaft and a piston. If you are having quality control issues with a shaft and piston...you shouldnt be machining things. I would much rather send it back and get my money back.

So if you want to take the plung and give it a try...keep in mind that some people havnt had a problem...while others like myself arnt very happy.

Regardless...I will keep you all posted

·
Registered
692 Posts

[quote author=AFcadet link=topic=138921.msg2994645#msg2994645 date=1237075527]
I would much rather send it back and get my money back.
[/quote]

+1

See if you can get a refund and then get a CP-e pump, they are supposed to be bulletproof. You shouldn't have to put with internals like that, NO fucking way are they performing as advertised, definitely refund-worthy.

If you want, I can get in touch with Ken (the owner of PG) and ask him what's going on with all this. Put in the good word for you, so to speak. I'll let him know that an AFROTC pilot friend of mine is having ungodly bad performance with his internals kit and needs his attention. :noclue:

·
Registered
210 Posts

::sad face:: waiting to see if there is any known good ones coming in the short term or if i should install my stock once and go with those until the new revision..

·
Registered
16,466 Posts

what kind of PSI should an aftermarket one hold @ WOT? my stock one has never dipped below 1600 that I know of during WOT even in cold weather

1 - 20 of 64 Posts