Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, after an unfortunate accident with my GTI 1.8T, i found it to be a good idea to get a new car and it turned out to be a Mazda 3, hence me posting in this forum;)

it took the dealership about nine days to get the one i wanted, but after all was said and done, the car had a few more options than what i asked for due to the fact that they could not find the exact one i was looking for.

so, in a nut shell, i'm the new owner of a Strato Blue 3i with a sunroof (came extra) and 6 disc changer (also came extra) with 16"wheels and it's getting a tint job done tonight, 20% all the way around ;)

here's some info about me: like i mentioned before, i'm was an owner of a 2003 VW GTI 1.8T, it was my dream car, but after an accident i was nolonger able to afford another VW. I am, even still, an active member on www.Club18t.com and also sevre as a moderator over there as well. it's a great place with a lot of really nice members. however, club18t.com has recently grown into another site called www.sportcompactracing.com which houses dozens of other forums including many mazda cars and other types of cars that would fit the description of "sport compact". although, the mazda forums are still new and are not quite so active yet.... and i do mean "yet" ;)

well, anyway, i still have a lot to learn about this car and there's a million things i'd like to do to it so i should start browsing this forum to gain some info and figure out what my car is capable of doing :D

EDIT: Thread title :twisted:

·
Registered
16,466 Posts
Hey Leiger, nice to see you here, I used to visit Club18t.com quite a bit when I was gonna get one, but I could not end up affording the insurance on one so I got the Mazda 3 instead.

Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks :D

i remember you, you made quite a few posts over there! funny finding you over here though :wink:

when did you buy the Mazda 3?

·
Registered
16,466 Posts
Nice, that kind of reminds me of Indigo blue on the VW's, althought this thing looks better ;)

EDIT: Tint looks good too brother.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
these pictures don't do the color much justice because there was no sun out, but when there is sun it really shines :D

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
That's sweet! Welcome home!

I wish I'd gotten Strato... :(

That makes the Sedan look more sexy than I remember though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks guys, you're too kind ;)

lmp180psu, the tint is 20%, all the way around, except for the windshield. i was thinking of putting a black vynil strip accross the top because o fthe large patch of teflon spotting on the inside of the windshield, the tint would never stay, and if it did, it would look terrible from the outside.

hmmm, my pics seem to be down because www.sportcompactracing.com is hosting them for me and they seem to be down as well :( oh well, they'll be back later, i hope ;)

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I forget, with tint % - is it the % that you let into the car?

i.e. 20% is DARK and lets only 20% light in, or is it 20% let's [email protected] of light in, and is faily light colored?

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
The percentage shows the amount of light into the car (e.g. 20% tint lets 20% of the light in)

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
cool, thanks... I always get confused with that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts