Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if Xenonmods.com is legit? I'm looking at their chrome bulbs and want to purchase them but I don't know if they're a good store... Can anyone vouch for them?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
Autolumination is the place to go for bulbs... cheap, good quality, and amazing customer service. Bought from them many times and always very happy.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha well I'm lookin for chrome dipped red and white bulbs...

Don't like the amber at all.

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
[quote author=dannySEE link=topic=139375.msg3003716#msg3003716 date=1237447985]
haha well I'm lookin for chrome dipped red and white bulbs...

Don't like the amber at all.
[/quote]

Yeah, autolumination has great chrome-dipped bulbs in every size and color. They also do a thing called the "chrome dome" where only the upper 2/3 is chrome-dipped but the lower part near the base is left undipped. The light output from these is a lot better, and you can only barely see the colored part.

G

·
let me know if you find a good website for chrome dipped red and chrome dipped white, think i need a set too, i ordered a chrome dipped amber set and im not too fond of the orange.. about to step on them for fun =__=

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
are the LED's any good? Do they put out more light than a chrome dipped? I'm pretty sure it'll have the same look as the chrome dipped in terms of just looking at it when it's off...

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
Actually I tried the LEDs and didn't like them nearly as much as the chrome-domes. Their light output was more directional, and you can see the little yellow diodes or whatever they use on the tips of them when they're off which is super ugly.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
^^Agreed. In the fronts, they're so visible that only chrome dipped bulbs look good.

I've bought decals from xenonmods.com and never had an issue. That's probably the only thing I would buy from them though as other retailers offer better product as Cali has referenced.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
haha yeah I saw that many people on the forums purchased from xenonmods.com and were fine, but I am going to avoid them. Usually, if a couple people have an issue with the store, especially something like THAT, then I do my best not to buy from them just to avoid the hassle if it does ever come up.

G

·
[quote author=cali_axela link=topic=139375.msg3004525#msg3004525 date=1237483237]
Actually I tried the LEDs and didn't like them nearly as much as the chrome-domes. Their light output was more directional, and you can see the little yellow diodes or whatever they use on the tips of them when they're off which is super ugly.
[/quote]

thats exactly what i don't like, after a little while, forget yellow, its literally orange =__= makes me want to paint them with whiteout LOL

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
For what its worth, you can buy a small can of chrome paint at most hobby shops and it just takes a couple of light blasts to cover up the color yet still lets the light shine through. Did this on my rear turns since I already had LEDs for the brakes.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
mann the chrome red bulbs still look a little amber when I turn them on (they're my rear turn signals) compared to the red tails.

Anyone else have that problem who purchased them? Should I go LED instead?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts