Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here is the problem.

I replaced all my rotors today with Stoptech's, anyways, everything fits perfectly, but in order to remove the OEM rotor on the drivers rear I had to bang the hell out if it for almost 20 minutes with a Mallet before it would pop off, was held in place by rust.

So I am spinning the hub and it sounds like there is loose gravel inside it now, spinning forward it gets loud, reverse not so bad.

I took it for a short test drive, makes a sounds like a few cards in bicycle spokes.

Took everything back off including the rotor, spun the hub again, same sound.

Do you think I could have knocked the bearings loose ???

I have ABS, on a 2004 Hatch, I believe there is a plug / sensor that goes inside the rear of the hub, but it is a sealed unit, 1 piece.

Anybody ever have it come loose ? I dont have a CEL, so I'm not sure.

I was just plannig to replace the entire hub, Am I jumping to conclusions ??

The hub can be removed with a T-45 bit - 4 bolts, but it is a bitch to access behind the suspension, I would have to drop the rear, remove the spring and assembly just to remove the hub.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
I would definitely replace the hub if it is making noise like cards on spokes.

I never really looked at the hub, but if it is a sealed unit and isnt designed to be taken apart and repacked, then get a new one.

Ive seen wheels literally fall off cars on the highway - and other than being a cool youtube video, it dont look like something I want happening to my car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.