Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured i would throw a few pics up of my LEDs that i have installed. I currently have HID white in my parking lights and license plate lights, Red in my turn signals & interior (if i wanted practicality i would have went with a different color. But since the name of the car is 'Stealth' i figured why not have some fun? So on with the pics!

here is a good shot of the rear turn signals (had the flashers on)

here are the parking lights

parking lights again with low beams on

and my interior.

bought all my lights (as well as resistors to cure hyperflash) from here: http://www.v-leds.com/Shop/Control/fp/SFV/32481

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
So I take it you no longer have orange turn signals up front, replaced with the white LED's correct ?

Better check your state laws, that could get you a ticket for Improper lighting, not worth it just for looks, I know first hand, happened to me.

Update I found this, unless it has changed.

169.51 CLEARANCE AND MARKER LAMPS.
(a) Every motor vehicle or motor-drawn vehicle designed or used for the transportation of
property, or for the transportation of passengers for compensation, shall display lighted lamps,
as required in this section.
(b) Every such vehicle having a width, including load thereon, at any part in excess of 80
inches shall be equipped with four clearance lamps, two located on the front at opposite sides and
not more than six inches from the extreme outer edge of the vehicle or load, displaying a white
or amber light
visible from a distance of 500 feet to the front of the vehicle, and two located on
the rear on opposite sides not more than six inches from the extreme outer edge of the vehicle or
load, displaying a red light visible from a distance of 500 feet to the rear of the vehicle. The front
clearance lamps shall be located at a height of not less than 24 inches above the headlamp centers.
The rear clearance lamps shall be in addition to the red rear lamp hereinbefore required.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i still have amber turn signals til i can finish a little project i have on the side. I got a free pair of smoked signals from a member on another forum and he wired them wrong and blew the LEDs. so i intend to replace those with white LEDs as well. When i had white LEDs on my Lumina i was stopped by a cop once when i had clear sidemarkers all around because the rear sidemarkers looked blue. But i have had police behind me and in front of me before and they haven't done a thing about either set of lights.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts