Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone think of putting like red or blue LEDs in the vents on the dash, i just thought of this while drive home and though that would be pretty damn cool.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Could be quite ricey if not done right. But, it could look tasteful if it were done right. Very fine line IMO. Soft blue to match the gauge accent lighting would be nice. I think red would be subtle enough. Do it and post some pics and see what the feedback is.

Craig

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
your right, that might be kind of ricey. i was thinking of very suttle blue, like the blue that shines on the shifter area.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I think it could be good, so long as its a dim light and not some bright thing.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I think a subtle blue would be cool.

Edit on my last post...
I think red would be subtle enough.
That was supposed ot be"I don't think red would be subtle enough." Too vibrant of a color. Can't really be chill, almost calming. :woohoo:

Craig

·
Registered
526 Posts
Hmm... think RICE! Although it would be really cool if you put those vent lights in, a huge NOS sticker on the front, a Mazda3 Type-R sticker on the back, and maybe some 22s and a fart can...

·
Registered
398 Posts
well i don't know who has seen the pictures of my 'neon' interior....but i may well put my green LEDs into the vents....more just for fun and to see how it looks, i would put them far back though so its just a light glow.....or but something in front so you can hardly see it at all, i figure it could be decent....the green though overall id say looks terrible lol

·
Registered
219 Posts
You're not one of those people riding around with led's on your hood are you? I've seen people with so much extra lighting I'm suprised they can see anything without being blinded. There's no such thing as a dim led. Stick to the stock setup.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no, i just though of if while looking at the blue light that shines down on to the shifter. nothing bright, just a dull blue glow. and yes, you can dim and LED, its called a resistor, BASIC electronics there pal

i was thinking about getting a 6 foot alminum wing on the back, some 22in spinners, and one of those really cool carbon fiber hoods so i can save 10 pounds. o, can neons under the car. cause that would be so sweet...

M

·
0 Posts
I think it would look hot if done right...

I've changed my map lights to blue LEDs and they go real well with everything!

·
Registered
6 Posts
SinnopS said:
no, i just though of if while looking at the blue light that shines down on to the shifter. nothing bright, just a dull blue glow. and yes, you can dim and LED, its called a resistor, BASIC electronics there pal

i was thinking about getting a 6 foot alminum wing on the back, some 22in spinners, and one of those really cool carbon fiber hoods so i can save 10 pounds. o, can neons under the car. cause that would be so sweet...
Dude! There's no need to thread crap! That's what the other forums are for!

Adding LED's to the vent might not be such a hot idea, but using it as accent lighting in the interior might be nice. I don't actually own a MZ3, but I got a similar red/amber interior in my car and I put up a blue LED shining down on the radio and on the gauges. It literally made a world of diference at night. I can see the gauges a bit better and I can finally control my radio at night!

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
i already have it done..as well as cathodes under my seats..i think it looks real nice, and ive gotten a lot of compliments on it, im also setting leds inside the dips of the window switches, so it lights up the switches..

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
easy, take off the top piece, and at the sides of each of the vents, there are two holes covered by tape, if you move the tape, the leds fit right in there :goodjob:

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
umm , positive to a switch, switch to battery, ground the other end of the LED, id have to see what leds you ahve, cuz my leds use a resistor

·
Registered
729 Posts
So you have to run a wire all the way from inside the car to the battery under the hood? Ouch.

Note: I know nothing about how to run wires on a car (but really do want to learn).

1 - 20 of 36 Posts