Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does it really matter if I get the cap or the replacement? I know the cap uses 3m double-sided tape which really sux but it seems like nabobery is the only one selling the replacement, and they're quite expensive compare to LED side mirror for other cars such as corolla. Has anyone bought the cap one? How is it and does water get in there?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I think the replacement would be easier to do no drilling etc. the OEM JDM ones are also caps only and require a fair amount of work..

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=jdanielsg link=topic=70055.msg1220135#msg1220135 date=1172028324]
I think the replacement would be easier to do no drilling etc. the OEM JDM ones are also caps only and require a fair amount of work..
[/quote]

I don't really mind the amount of work, I'm just worrying about that it won't stick and water may get inside and screw up the motor or circuit.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=jdanielsg link=topic=70055.msg1220478#msg1220478 date=1172036264]
i do not see anyone complaining so far but anythings possible right?
[/quote]

True, so I was thinking if there's anyway to make the cap stay but still removable when need to. Haven't come up with any idea, yet. But I really hate the 3M double-sided tape, it seems like someone could just walk up to the car and take the cap off in 3 seconds.

Just by looking at it again now I think I get it, is that cap thing sort of just PASTE onto the existing factory cap/back side of mirror? If so that's really shitty, I might not consider about it then.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
yup it is buddy, thats what I did not get it even the factory one is the same..... ewwwwwww

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote author=jdanielsg link=topic=70055.msg1222887#msg1222887 date=1172112695]
yup it is buddy, thats what I did not get it even the factory one is the same..... ewwwwwww
[/quote]

Ya, then that's really bad, lol

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
there are ebay people who sell replacement covers ... problem with that is it is not factory....

for eg these are factory look alikes n stick on and work like the factory ones:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mazd...goryZ33649QQihZ019QQitemZ8045293230QQtcZphoto

these ones are replacement covers, but they do not look factory:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mazd...ryZ33649QQihZ010QQitemZ200082000579QQtcZphoto

If you look at his store for complete replacements meaning the whole thing glass n all not only covers... there are also 2 kinds.. factory look and the non factory look with a spot led light...at the bottom.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mazda-3-LED-Aut...hZ010QQcategoryZ36605QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The first one is too expensive for stick-ons, plus I wonder what it would look like from the mirror side, or inside of the car, you can probably tell there's a layer added onto the mirror cap. I think there are US sellers that are selling these way cheaper.

The 2nd one is expensive as well, I guess it's CF, but the shipping would kill me :(

The 3rd one is ridiculously expensive, lol.

Excuse me but I'm just a cheap bastard.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts