1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
82 Posts
If you have a sedan, the easiest way is to use your back blinkers. There's lots of room to work and you have to deal only with 2 wires. Attach your resistor between the + and the - wire, make sure to insulate any exposed metal and you'll be done. :)

My resistors are 8 ohm, 20 watt wirewound from RatShack... About $6 for both... :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

So i just connect the black to the black (obviously) and the red to the blue wire? These are the only 2 wires coming from the rear turn signal socket.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Correct. Connect your resistor across both turn signal wires, insulate exposed conductors and you'll be set. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I figured it out, looks pretty good but def. not as bright as stock. I installed one LED and compared to the stock, and it was night and day. The LED you could look at straight dead on, it doesn't light up the rear bumper or ground like the stock bulb does. Maybe I hooked it up to the wrong way?

I donno, it's kinda disapointing but I still like the effect of it not fading when the signal is on.

·
Registered
82 Posts
That depends on what you have installed. I installed dual color LEDs in front, LED sidemarkers and left the factory bulbs in the back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts