Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gettin frustrated!!!!! This is making me nuts!!!!
Is there a how to on here on install of LED interior lights (the map lights closet to the driver & pass.)
Only ones I can't get to work!! I spent 45mins or so messing with the damn thing. Switching it the leds around every witch way. Most LEDs only work a certain way. Very annoying it is!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ive had a few 9led bulbs from superbrightleds.com not work on me. There was a thread here, where someone mentioned that the little wire inside the metal caps on the ends had to be pulled out a little. Unfortunately I can not find this thread though. Its a little difficult to pull the cap off but eventually it came off. Try moving the wire out a little and see if it works.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I got the dabears kit, and all 5 that I had didnt work in the passenger side of the maplight. All the lights worked though overall, i checked each in the glove box. But for some reason I cant get any to work in the passenger side maplight and only got one to work in the driver side luckily. shits a pain, it sux

G

·
lol, i just got my sets in today as well,

bought dome, and map lights, none of them worked except for 1

and i bought them from autolumination.com

·
Registered
129 Posts
I purchased a set of the 9led bulbs off eBay (with my HIDs from user carpartnation) they seem to look alright when i first got them but DANG they were bright after install. If you're trouble is with getting the bulbs in, just keep toggling. You might want to try toggling them in without the plug on. These bulbs only turn on when installed one particular way, so if you switch the negative and positive (which is ridiculously hard to tell), they will not work. Goodluck on your install.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
LOL^ This was posted over a month ago

·
Registered
90 Posts
when i got my kit from dabears, the map lights were too long to fit into the little black twist-lock mechanism, so the contact points didnt touch.

i took the new bulbs back out and the black twist-lock mechanisms and had to melt a few little tabs from the inside of the twist-locks...so the LED bulbs sat inside them a little deeper. they work fine now :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
[quote author=iiOxFAte link=topic=138796.msg3007761#msg3007761 date=1237599234]
lol, i just got my sets in today as well,

bought dome, and map lights, none of them worked except for 1

and i bought them from autolumination.com
[/quote]

see my post on these guys

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Did you guys put them in "backwords", try flipping them around so the contacts are opposite...has to do with the polarity of an LED bulb.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts