Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has a 2014 SP25 sedan and is not happy with the halogen headlights, especially the low beam (H11).
I replaced them with some 3rd party "high intensity" halogen globes, but didn't appear to make any noticeable difference.

Thought about some Xenon globes but they are quite expensive, fiddly to put in, and quickly fade over time.
LED replacements appear to be the ideal replacement, but I'm having trouble finding correct replacements (i.e. designed for H11/HB3 Mazda).

Has anyone tried LED replacements and can perhaps give me a supplier? :)

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Don't be afraid to pay for quality. Diode Dynamics SL1 is quality.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Gerry

My research so far indicates that the best quality LED bulbs, regarding build quality, longevity, light pattern and output (lumens) are :-
GTR Ultra 2
Morimoto 2stroke 3.0
S-V.4

But from my research, none of these manufacturers appear to make H11 replacement bulbs for the Mazda 3.
I haven't been able to find any reviews on the Diode Dynamics range of bulbs.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
I put them in my wife's Accord. Very happy. Excellent dispersion and light output. Extremely well built. Check them out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Gerry.
I've realised now that most US retailers have to sell high output headlights as "fog lights" to get around the regulations.

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5
72 Posts
I put in a Korean brand all around (except turn signal). Better than all china made ones.
But even those not made or assembled in china may have lesser quality components.
Had to replace the brake light less than a year in. Went with the same and 2 years later all good.
You pay for what you get.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts