Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
[quote author=shelby link=topic=134977.msg2904067#msg2904067 date=1233480695]
I put them on the bottom just to try something different from the ones Ive seen.So whatcha think?
[/quote]

hey mr audi

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
i also wanna see pics... idk if i like it but its different

·
Registered
266 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here are some better pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
511 Posts
Does anyone know of any LED strips that are similar to those of the LED eyelids that I could buy and attempt this mod with? I think the R8 headlights are sick and I really want to do this!

·
Registered
359 Posts
[quote author=360Spider link=topic=134977.msg2906168#msg2906168 date=1233593921]
Does anyone know of any LED strips that are similar to those of the LED eyelids that I could buy and attempt this mod with? I think the R8 headlights are sick and I really want to do this!
[/quote]

No offense but you have to search more, there are numerous examples of this (and answers to almost all questions) in the Exterior Lighting sub-forum. Oznium and Ledshoppe are two great sources for all your LED needs, including the PVC enclosed LED strips you see here.

·
theykickedmeoffnasioc
15,460 Posts
[quote author=Aitch link=topic=134977.msg2906393#msg2906393 date=1233599356]
[quote author=360Spider link=topic=134977.msg2906168#msg2906168 date=1233593921]
[/quote]

No offense but you have to search more, there are numerous examples of this (and answers to almost all questions) in the Exterior Lighting sub-forum. Oznium and Ledshoppe are two great sources for all your LED needs, including the PVC enclosed LED strips you see here.
[/quote]
you mean silicone? lol

How did you install those down there? did you have to take the housings out?
And I still kinda like mine on top :)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Sure, silicone - @ ledshoppe they call them PVC strips that's all.

The fog light fillers on the GS (I guess 'i' for you guys) are two pieces; I popped out the outer silver surrounds and then passed the LED wires through the holes for the silver trim tabs, before popping the trim back in place. Then I used silicone sealant/adhesive to stick the LEDs in place. I like the LED eyelids too, originally that's what I was going to do but then I thought up this when I got the strips in.

I was thinking of adding LED eyelids this coming summer but I've dreamed up a better design for the headlights. I'll post up progress photos when I get to it in the spring (need the warmer weather first!)

·
Registered
511 Posts
I apologize. I guess what I should have said is if there is any particular type of thin LED strips that could be used considering there is very little space between the bumper and the headlight. Would something like this work sufficiently for this modification? I like these quite a bit considering the LEDs seem to be spaced apart somewhat. More R8-ish.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I ended up taking out the headlights so I could get to the bottom easier. On the gaps below the headlight the drivers side was fine but the passenger side had no gap. So with the headlights out and the bumper off you can adjust a little bit but not much.The led`s I bought were from superbright and they are the water proof ones. I just cleaned the bottom of the headlight and ran it on the outer most lip.Looking from the top down the led`s look amber,its making the waterproof material glow but from head on there bright white,it actually looks factory not aftermarket.

Attachments

·
Registered
281 Posts
that looks hot
what do you mean by inside the headlight?? as in you open the cover and placed the leds inside?

[quote author=enrique torres link=topic=134977.msg2913941#msg2913941 date=1233827342]
this is how i did it. just recently i put the leds inside of the headllight

[/quote]

·
Registered
511 Posts
Sounds like thats what he saying. You would probably get a better effect doing it that way too. I think I'll just stick with the underneath the headlight though. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to do the mod since there is just about zero space between the bumper and headlight though. Can someone take a uber-close-up of their headlight with these installed just for a general idea?

·
Registered
511 Posts
[quote author=shelby link=topic=134977.msg2919043#msg2919043 date=1233986697]
Here`s an up close shot that you wanted,hope it helps.
[/quote]

That helps a lot man! Thank you!

Did you have to push your bumper down at all to get the LED's in? I just went out and looked at mine and I have a TINY bit of space below my driver side light and absolutely no space underneath my passenger side light.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts