Mazda3 Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
[quote author=Dennis805 link=topic=182552.msg4090482#msg4090482 date=1312972362]
in the last picture you posted, it looks like that amber piece on the headlight is gone, did you take it out?

that's one thing i don't like on the headlights ;x
[/quote]

The tech package (that's what you guys in the US call it with the HID's) doesn't have that amber piece.

·
Registered
34 Posts
[quote author=Yeldarb link=topic=182552.msg4093628#msg4093628 date=1313458837]

[/quote]

Where/how did you get those LED strip things on the reflectors down below by your license plate?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I know its a late response I've been away on business but I like that the thread has been active with some nice LED upgrades. To dennis805 and SP3: I have NOT removed the amber though I wish I could ( not into baking my lights). I dont know if the TECH package definitley takes out the amber piece ; at least not in the US ( could be wrong). To Becandl; you can pick those strips up at thespeedline.us I bought a few things there including the 3rd brake light LED strip for my sedan; when I'm all done with my mods I'll post some more pix if anyone cares to see. I also like those LED reverse lights but the prob is theyre all too weak; I found AMAZING ones from JLC but they dont work for the sedan as I said before.

·
Registered
8 Posts
For the Canadian owners, Corksport should be releasing H8 LED DRL for Mazda3 with Bi-xenon. If you're still interested, keep an eye out for them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I take it that's different from the LED DRL kit they have up on their site?

I can't wait for those. I want to replace it and then my headlight lens won't melt anymore.

Also, has anybody dealt with overseas auto in vancouver? They are supposed to be the Canadian distributor and I wanted to see if their prices are similar to Corksport's site. I buy it directly but the shipping is murder.

·
Registered
833 Posts
+1 waiting for an H8 replacement as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
[quote author=Sp3 link=topic=182552.msg4151648#msg4151648 date=1322001697]
I take it that's different from the LED DRL kit they have up on their site?

I can't wait for those. I want to replace it and then my headlight lens won't melt anymore.

Also, has anybody dealt with overseas auto in vancouver? They are supposed to be the Canadian distributor and I wanted to see if their prices are similar to Corksport's site. I buy it directly but the shipping is murder.
[/quote]

Are you using OEM DRL bulbs and still have melting/frosting issue?

Derrick from Corksport haven't got back to me regarding to the bulbs, but I am sure their quality is worth the wait.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, still the oem drl. Got my headlight lenses replaced at the dealer and they said the new assembly moves the lenses a bit further away from the bulb so it shouldn't melt anymore (the headlights actually look a little longer) but I still want to replace it because the oem bulbs are weak and I personally think that the led's would look way better.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I want led in my drl bad. Why has no one made a bulb to fit yet?? Has anyone tried the xenonmatch bulbs in the drl spot?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Does anyone have an update on the correct size of bulb we need? I ordered H8 LED bulbs off ebay, similar to the size of the Corksport ones and the housing doesn't allow me to fit the bulb in. It's frustrating to say the least!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Does anyone have an update on the correct size of bulb we need? I ordered H8 LED bulbs off ebay, similar to the size of the Corksport ones and the housing doesn't allow me to fit the bulb in. It's frustrating to say the least!
+1
Same here, I bought an H8 bulb from ebay, but the bulb base is too large and it doesn't fit in the headlight (Europe model). I don't think the headlight is H8 compatible, should see some Canada model pictures to be sure...

Is there any other bulb that could fit in, instead of the grey adapter?

Here's the bulb I purchased:
http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/ebayimage2012/39154.jpg

21 - 31 of 31 Posts