Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Australian SP23 hatch has LED brake lights.
Yesterday was the first time I'd seen LED brake lights, and frankly I'm not impressed with their visibility in broad daylight.

I'm looking for second opinions from folks that have seen cars with LED brake lights before. Are they harder to see during the day than standard brake lights?

·
Registered
481 Posts
i don't think they are harder to see at all... but i have never seen a Mz3 with the LEDs as they aren't equipped like that here... all the cars on the street around here (G35, 3-series, 7-series, S-class, SRX etc) with LEDs look great, nice and sharp, bright and super quick to lite! I really hope nearly ever car in the next decade or so gets equipped with LEDs... so much safer!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Personally I love the look of LED brake lights. Those Caddilacs and Infinitys look cool with those. Much more visible.

So the question is, instead of replacing the whole housing with a ricer clear and chrome (which I don't like), what about just replacing the tail light bulbs with LED bulbs??

Anyone done this before? Do they give you the same look?

·
Registered
773 Posts
I've been noticing LED lights on big trucks, and what's really cool is that they light up in concentric circles, getting bigger and bigger until they restart. I.E. a dot, then a dot with a circle around it, then another circle, then the whole light is lit. Very cool style, and it could almost work in our cars. I for one, however, would not want to be the first person to try it, I want to see it in action first. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I always thought it would be cool to have the Caddy led brake lights all light up except for a design in the middle like the Playboy Bunny... he he he :p

·
Registered
490 Posts
mnemonicj said:
I always thought it would be cool to have the Caddy led brake lights all light up except for a design in the middle like the Playboy Bunny... he he he :p
You could probably do that pretty easily. Just bust/blow the individual LEDs in the unit to form the pattern that you want.

I wonder if I could put a happyface in those Aussie MZ3 LED tailights? :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
[quote author=Slalom link=topic=2251.msg34038#msg34038 date=1076281549]
i don't think they are harder to see at all... but i have never seen a Mz3 with the LEDs as they aren't equipped like that here... all the cars on the street around here (G35, 3-series, 7-series, S-class, SRX etc) with LEDs look great, nice and sharp, bright and super quick to lite! I really hope nearly ever car in the next decade or so gets equipped with LEDs... so much safer! I actually have third brake light with LED, on my 3s sedan , looking great, very bright tho, i got it off ebay shipped from australia in about 8 days to my door in NYC if you want to see pic let me know, very easy to replace. i would say if i did, anybody can
[/quote]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts