Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone has pictures of them? Where can we buy them and do we have problem switching to them? I've heard since the current drawn will be less on LEDs so it might mislead the ECU.. :roll:

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
ECU has nothing to do with brake lights. The warning light on the dash that informs the driver that a bulb is out, is solely the bulb circuit.

Here is the problem with LED replacements: they tend to do goofy things (such as blink rapidly or slowly..). The circuit isnt made for high current, and the LED bulbs have circuit boards in them. So it tends to do funny things cuz the circuit doesnt give them enough power.

Stick with a good ol stadard bulb.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Here is the problem with LED replacements: they tend to do goofy things
Really? The circuit is there to invert the current to the right direction and lower the voltage or it does something else?

Many cars have the third LED central brake light (e.g., Protegé), and they are the very reliable and I have never heard anyone that has problem.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
I believe hes looking for LED bulbs, ones that replace the ones in the taillamps.

At least thats my theory.

Anyhow, the circuit inside those LED bulbs tend operate differently from bulb to bulb. Its like they werent all made the same. Ive noticed problems on VWs with Catz Hotspot LED bulbs. Sometimes the brake lights would flash... and sometimes they would stop working together. On the turn signal ones, Ive seen fast blinking ones and slow blinking ones.

Catz has nothing to say about them, other than it was bad from the start.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts