Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I purchased my car, I got the Diamond Kote package with it. One of the features was leather/vinyl protection. I've had it since September and am wondering how often I should be putting spray on the leather myself...

THanks

·
Registered
190 Posts
Diamond kote...Oh thats expensive,,, :shock: I just use the Armor All leather wipes every few months. Now i do not have leather in my mazda..I have it in my honda and ive had it since early 03. No problems at all with the leather. Ive ONLY used armor all leather wipes and it looks new. Any brand leather wipe should be fine. As far as the spray i cant see to need it anymore than every few months also.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
It's probably just an as-needed basis. Obviously, apply a conditioner anytime you've cleaned the leather. For me, I like using Meg's Detailer Line Leather Cleaner & Conditioner (12oz. bottle): http://autodetailingsolutions.com/Meguiar's Detailer Line Prices.htm

It's an all-in-one product so I don't have to clean it and then go back over it and condition it.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Another option is Lexol Leather Cleaner and Lexol Conditioner.

They are $10 ea available at Pepboys type automotive stores. I use cheaper $5 blue magic leather cleaner, then finish with the $10 Lexol Conditioner.

I need to leather treat mine again... I'll probably use the rest of my Zaino Liquid Leather and then try Leatherique.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
[quote author=HouRman link=topic=68064.msg1174558#msg1174558 date=1170091538]
Another option is Lexol Leather Cleaner and Lexol Conditioner.
They are $10 ea available at Pepboys type automotive stores. [/quote]

+1 For Lexol. No shine, no gloss, no slime, no slip. Just brand new looking and feeling leather.

Darryl

1 - 5 of 5 Posts