Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am debating whether to purchase leather for my 3 sedan. W/O the heated seats option, The seats will be freezing in winter and hot in the summer. Your thoughts? Does the leather climatize quickly? I hope so. I would love to have the leather intrior. It would not only feel better, but add a touch of luxury to the car. Bling factor, is what I call it. Is it worth it?

·
Registered
984 Posts
I've never had it so I don't care if I get it or not. It would be nice though. I just wish they had two-tone leather.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
LEATHER IS COLD. Without heated seats, no way. The 6's leather is pretty quality stuff compared to the crap they put in the hondas. But personally, I like the fact that cloth seats hold you better in the turns and are much more forgiving to that first sit down in the winter and summer.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rpc180 said:
LEATHER IS COLD. Without heated seats, no way. The 6's leather is pretty quality stuff compared to the crap they put in the hondas. But personally, I like the fact that cloth seats hold you better in the turns and are much more forgiving to that first sit down in the winter and summer.
I agree...the problem is that the cloth offered for tit grey, etc for Canada comes only in blue cloth. I think that the red cloth would look the best on a tit grey ...not blue....choices choices. THat would be nice of mazda canada to offer HIDS instead of leather as an option.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On the FLipside, it's not like you will be sitting on teh surface naked. It might be cold or hot for a while but after that, it's all luxury.

·
Registered
172 Posts
In my bros cadillac catera, leather is not that cold in winters. But in summer, when you sit on it, you'll be sure to get your A$$ burned.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Cold seats I could care less about, even though it gets to below zero frequently here in the winter. I like a cold seat!

My fear is that they would be hot & sticky in the summer. I've been told it isn't that bad. I don't care about the first 3-5 minutes, but rather if they are uncomfortable after 15 minutes. I've rarely ridden in a leather seat car, so I'd like to know more before buying.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Why would you ever purchase leather w/heat? It's like a $200 option.

Edit:

I meant WITHOUT heat. In other words, you should always get heated leather.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Haris said:
In my bros cadillac catera, leather is not that cold in winters. But in summer, when you sit on it, you'll be sure to get your A$$ burned.
All the more reason for tinted windows! :)

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
looks like maybe cloth for me...I could use the 900 dollars somewhere else for sure. Looks like Black Mica w/ red sport seats for me. Not bad.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
While leather is appealing, the fact that it BURNS in the summer is an inconvenience. Another factor (besides $900CAD) is that in a few years leather will likely crack a little (even if treated you'll still have lines n the seats), making the seats look bad...

·
Registered
310 Posts
It may just be me, but I don't like the way leather feels. I would much rather have cloth!

·
Registered
452 Posts
i would say no....
here is some reasons:

1. is freakin cold!!! if u have a gf, ur gf will hate that!!! well...like myself..my bf's TSX is leather and is damn cold!!!
2. u ar sliding around the seats like a bowling ball...i know is backet seats...but still, u will slide like crazy!
3. after several years...the leather will wrinkle....
4. Mazda's leather is not that great...and kinda over price for the leather..

here is my opinions~! hope that can help~!^^

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the problem that i have witht he interior color choices is b/c they are either blue or red for the cloth. That doesn't leave you with a whole lot of options. I would love it if they had some sort o\of darker color. Alos, I would rather take the red cloth seats than the blue cloth seats because the red cloth seats are more sporty. THe blue cloth seats for tit grey and silver, etc....just doesn't not match with the car. THe only interior exterior combo that looks okay is the Black Mica with Red CLoth. THat is why I was interested in the leather. Aand INdigo BLue with blue seats is just way too much. SO you're left with very little options, especially if you like one particular interior color, than you're limited to an exterior color, even if you do not like it. BLack Mica would be fine with me. I would have preferred a Tit Grey exterior and a black cloth/charcoal interior. Why does it have to be either red or blue? That is the drawback.

·
Registered
452 Posts
oicic...
um...i think they do have a black only seats....didn't they? well...maybe US is different...in Canada, we don't have the red+black seats
i think this will be nice:

1. Black with black+red seats or black+blue seats either one would be nice
2. Blue with black+blue seats
3. Red with black+ red seats
4. white with black+blue or black+ red would be nice too...

just some opinions...hope i can help...

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If leather is so bad, why do all the high end/luxury/sport cars have leather?

·
Banned
868 Posts
Leather, in Vancouver BC is fine in the summer and winter.

I have them in my EL right now, and save for the minor cracking and scratching, I wouldn't mind having another leather car.

That said, I think when I get my M3, I'll get a Black Mica one with red/black cloth seats :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
If leather is so bad, why do all the high end/luxury/sport cars have leather?

Because at the end of the day, high end cars end up being all about the bling and impressing people. The image that leather is better has been cultivated thus giving a high margin option that can be sold to people. I do like the fact that it generally cleans up better than cloth. For performance, I don't like the fact that you slide around more for a given seat design and that leather seats are typically heavier than their cloth counterparts. It blows my mind the C-class cars are pushing 3000 lbs....oh well.
Oops...forgot to close quote :oops:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts