Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry but i don't now where to post this.

Here is the situation i am curently leasing a mazda 3 2005 i was suposed to be able to do 80000km however curently i am at 151000km so the extra km wil be around 6000$, now i want to return the car however i know they will inspect the vehicle for wear and tear. Will thy take in consideration the the car beeing 151000km by nature will have more wear and tear then a 80000km car or they will just end up charging me?

I know that wear and tear template was createad around a 80000km car not a 151000 so my question is i have a cigarete burn in the seat, plus my windshield is scratched by the wiper blade, do you think they will charge me or they wil say that this is normal wear and tear for a 151000 km?

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
They should not charge you for wear and tear on mileage. That's assumed and included in the "km over" charges. They may ding you for the windshield scratches as they are usually due to failure to swap out blades in a timely fashion. The burn hole, unless they miss seeing it will charge you for.

This is based off of my experience in checking in lease returns for Ford, not sure what or how exactly your dealer will handle it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts