Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd be especially interested if other Canadians had been through this. Mazda wants a $199 admin fee in addition to the safety/e-test that will be due when I buy out by 3. I've got no objections to the safety/etest as they are required by law, and those items are listed in my contract (see below). But Ontario law does not require that I pay any administration fees. What do you guys think.

Alternatively, is it possible to deal directly with Mazda Canada Finance?

Many thanks,
Dave

Maybe this will help

- it's the clause from my lease. It doesn't say that an admin fee is required by law, but I'm new to this kind of thing. Any opinions welcome.

·
Registered
879 Posts
[quote author=davey6693 link=topic=139341.msg3003840#msg3003840 date=1237463124]
What you see there is all of Section 8. Nothing else on the contract is relevant to the buyout price.
[/quote]

not even on the price breakdown on the 1st page? if there is absolutely nothing, then you can say to the dealer to show you where you get charged it on the contract. i don't think I payed an admin fee when I leased, but that was back in late 90s.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks vtrin. I have a detailed breakdown of charges I paid to begin the lease, but nothing on the back end except this section. I asked Forbes Mazda in Waterloo about this today and they said it's a fee supplementary to this lease. The lease is apparently between me and the creditor, and they are offering a service by doing the paperwork at the dealership on behalf of the creditor.

They then said I could deal directly with the creditor, but having called them, they told me the deal has to be done at a dealership! The plot thickens..I'll update the progress as I learn more.

·
Registered
879 Posts
[quote author=davey6693 link=topic=139341.msg3004846#msg3004846 date=1237491265]
Thanks vtrin. I have a detailed breakdown of charges I paid to begin the lease, but nothing on the back end except this section. I asked Forbes Mazda in Waterloo about this today and they said it's a fee supplementary to this lease. The lease is apparently between me and the creditor, and they are offering a service by doing the paperwork at the dealership on behalf of the creditor.

They then said I could deal directly with the creditor, but having called them, they told me the deal has to be done at a dealership! The plot thickens..I'll update the progress as I learn more.
[/quote]if its supplementary, demand to see on your form where you have to pay for it as I'm sure there is a disclaimer on your lease that only what is in it is enforceable. All other items must be signed by both parties. I'm sure you might have some verbage like that. If its not on the forms you signed, I wouldn't pay it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts