Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took my MS3 in for the first oil change (216 miles) and asked them to check mounts etc . . . They came back and reported that there was evidence of a coolant leak. The dealership said they did a pressure test and did not find the leak, they think it has something to do with the cold weather and have asked me to bring it back and leave it overnight so they can look at it in the morning.

Has anyone experienced a coolant leak on their MS3, or does anyone have any insight into this problem?

Many thanks.

Gratuitous pic:

G

·
0 Posts
It wasn't on a MS3, but one car I owned in WY leaked coolant out the bottom hose whenever it turned cold. Something about the mouth of the radiator contracting and pulling away from the hose. Never leaked a drop when it was warm outside...only leaked in the driveway after getting cold overnight. The only thing they could really do is tighten the hell out of the hose clamp, which eventually worked. If you have the spring-type hose clamps instead of the worm-gear type, it may not be clamping tightly enough. I hate those types of clamps and usually end up replacing them with the worm-gear type.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that makes sense. I'm not sure what kind of hose clamps we have (at work can't look).

Another gratuitous pic:

I call that one "big booty."

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No leak. Turns out that the service dept where I purchased knocked out the coolant hose during PID and detail was supposed to clean it up and did not.

Love the car. Hope to stay out of the dealership.

BTW - if anyone cares to answer, I was posting pics ont he forum from FLIKR, but they've been removed/don't appear. Why?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts