Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im new to the board and am in need of some help I have a 2005 mazda 3 my cel light came on so I took it to the dealership they said there was somthing wrong with leak detection pump it had been "intermitanly failing." I had been driving my car for a week before and everything was fine so they wanted $700 dollars to fix it I couldnt afford it so I left and as soon as i got to a light the rpms would almost drop to zero and almost stall out.

I just found it funny everything was fine till i took it there, I did search to find out what the hell a leak detection pump was but could not find anything on it can anyone help me out and let me know what this does, and would that effect my engine and almost make me stall out.

I just dont wanna be took for that much money thanks for your help.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Your LDP or Leak detection Pump. Pumps up your gas tank and all of the fuel system to check it for leaks. If you live in a state that does smog test and emissions testing then yes you will need to get it fixed. If not then you can driving it for the rest of yours and its live. I would ask them though before you have that replace if they have checked the purge solenoid. If they say that they have not. I would ask them what that coast and have them replace that first. That is most likely what it is. A very common issue with the 3's

1 - 2 of 2 Posts