Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone thinking about replacing the factory bucket seats? They dont offer much lateral support in the curves. I dont want the interior to look cheap (or like rice) with some of the sport seats available out there but it would be nice to have a little more support. Any options other than a whole new seat?

·
Registered
469 Posts
After a week of driving I've concluded that I'm about two inches too tall to comfortably sit in the seats (on them is more like it). Are my shoulders supposed to stick up above the seatback? Doesn't feel right, anyway.

A check at Recaro shows that they don't have anything for the 3's yet. Will continue to look around (trying to think of what other companies do good-quality aftermarket seats). My concern is a seat option which will accomodate the side airbags... Post back here if you find anything, I'll do the same.
Ryan

·
Registered
219 Posts
If you haven't used race seats yet beware...Most quality one's don't recline, and are a bit narrower than stock. Most "race" seats are hard too. I know the aftermarkets look sharp, but keep this in mind when you want to take a lengthy trip. I really like these seats too, but are they practical for a daily driver, not really. Now if you're gutting the interior to build a racer, then by all means replace them.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Follow up regarding seats. I had arrange for aftermarket leather and wasn't able to get it installed until a few weeks after I took delivery of the car. Now, with leather, I must say the seats are far more comfortable for me. Without all the poofy padding of the foam/cloth seat covers I fit quite nicely and still have decent lateral support. Extra bonus of map pockets behind both front seats.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Keep this in mind if you got the ABS package. The factory seats have airbags in them on the sides. If you take out the seat say bye bye to your side airbags.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts