Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had nothing but luck with Kumho tires.

I have tried their winter tires, the KW11's. I had a Kia Rio renter with no ABS. The agency slapped on these winter tires. I looked at them, "Kumho's" I said, "blah". Nevermind. These things stopped on a dime without any ABS on snowy roads with ice pellets. I couldn't get the car to skid anywhere near out of control. Truely, truely impressive. I cannot recommend these enough for amazing value. They have P205 55R 16's, a perfect winter-sized tire for the 3.

I have also tried their performance tires, 712 Ecsta Supra on a buddy's Civic. Amazing. With these warmer temps, I tried them in dry and rain. No slip, perfect in the rain. Most importantly, NO MORE TIRE HOPPING! These things stick to the road like glue. They even come in P205 50R 17.

If you haven't considered Kumho's before, I suggest you take a look. Your wallet and your car will thank you.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I second Kumho. They make great tires(at least for trucks). I know a lot of people that run them on their Jeeps and mine will be getting them soon. They are a lot cheaper than other brands, and perform the same, if not better, than most tires out there. If you go to tirerack, you can compare the reviews and rating of their tires to other brands.

Craig

·
Registered
96 Posts
Their autocross tires are very popular and perform well. I've also been told that their Ecsta MX tires are close in performance to Falken's Azenis Sports. The MXs' don't have the performance fall-off with higher temps like the Falkens though.

·
Registered
138 Posts
No bigger fan of Kuhmo than right here. I've had 712s, MXs and 711s on my cars and they have done superbly.

·
Registered
39 Posts
factrzero said:
I have had nothing but luck with Kumho tires.
Second that. there are a bunch of us in the Porsche chapter with Ecsta 712s who run DEs. Not only that, they are good in the rain.

A set of Boxster tires lasts about 20,000 miles. The Kumhos are around $500 whereas replacement Conti's are three times that.

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
this is great to hear as I was debating on getting the 712 when I get my new rims

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Sean said:
No bigger fan of Kuhmo than right here. I've had 712s, MXs and 711s on my cars and they have done superbly.
im thinking about getting some 711's and they seem to be up to par with the 712....just wanted to know are they really that good?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts