Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have a set on my rx8's and im itching to put them on. Although the only thing holding me back is the numerous reviews online on how bad they are in the snow. Now its only march and there is a chance that snow will come down the next two months. Im curious on what your thoughts are on these tires on your mazda and the snow.

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
I currently run Ast's and they do ok. As far as snow I have not had the chance to find out. But they are not the best in rain, so I am guessing would not be good in the snow.

My next set of Tires will be Yokohama Avid H4S,they have a 500 AAA Rating and are getting better reviews.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=AVID+H4S

Price is only $101 each for 215/45/17, or $112 for 225/45/17

225/40R18 are priced at $124

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=TEKWATCH link=topic=138572.msg2986703#msg2986703 date=1236735680]
I currently run Ast's and they do ok. As far as snow I have not had the chance to find out. But they are not the best in rain, so I am guessing would not be good in the snow.

My next set of Tires will be Yokohama Avid H4S,they have a 500 AAA Rating and are getting better reviews.

Price is only
each, not too bad.
[/quote]

that price for those tires

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
I just read a bunch or reviews, I may change my mind now a 500 AAA can be a bad thing as well, tire are too hard and can slip and loose traction.

Anyways the AST is a good tire, I have got almost 18k out of mine, tread wear is still around 60%.

·
Registered
379 Posts
'i run the ast's too... there way better than the piece of junk rs-a's that come from the factoria! theyhave a whole lot more grip cornering... but they dont dew to well with snow as i read on em too in the past...

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
they're fucking TERRIBLE in the snow. i had to straight up abandon my car three times in one month because my lugs were stuck on (broken key) and it snowed three times before my winters could get on. the car would just spin and spin.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
I like them, I actually use them on my "winter" wheels. Im in socal so snow really isnt a concern til I get to the mountains and usually cables are required.

I have gone up a couple times with them and didnt need to put cables on, and there was snow on the roads, and I felt totally comfortable with them. (only have RSA's to compare them in snow against which literally tried to kill me)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.