Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally got around to taking some pictures of my new Silver 5 door:

I just picked it up from my local dealer (Wood Mazda in Santa Rosa) last Thursday, and I gotta tell you, I'm seriously enjoying it! :twisted: I'm amazed at the level of quality and refinement that this car offers for the price. So far I'm happy with the performance, and I'm looking forward to finishing the break-in period, so I can really open it up!

I'm planning on upgrading the stereo a bit, as I'm an iPod and Siruis Radio fanatic. I'm been following the posts on adding an auxillary input to the stock stereo (from the RX-8 site, also referred to from this site), which looks promising. However, to start with, I've ordered a hard-wired FM modulator with aux inputs, plus one of those dockable home/car satellite receiver kits. I'll be sure to post pictures and opinions as soon as I get it installed.

Finally, I'm really impressed with this site! It's amazing how vibrant the community is for this relatively new vehicle. Being able to browse so many user's opinions and experiences was probably a major factor in deciding on the 3. Great Job, everybody (I hope Mazda gave you a cut ) :D

·
Registered
526 Posts
the second pic is making me seriously consider the silver! nice ride

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MazdaSpeed3 said:
I would vote the top pic for Pic of the month... that is if there was an actuall pic of the month contest....
Oh, stop it, you're embarassing me :oops: Of course, you're only seeing the best two pictures, not the other dozen or so I took ...

I tried to time the pictures so that I'd get twilight just after the car's first wash and wax, so I'd have the "perfect" lighting conditions. It was also an especially clear sunset, so I really lucked out with these pics. Glad you liked them! :p

·
Registered
4 Posts
another SR person here

Hey its good to see another person from Santa Rosa on here. I haven't gotten my 3 yet... look at June before I get my finances in order.

I was just wondering how your experience with Wood was.

GREAT pics! GREAT car by the way. I think I test drove your car ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: another SR person here

NewG said:
Hey its good to see another person from Santa Rosa on here. I haven't gotten my 3 yet... look at June before I get my finances in order.

I was just wondering how your experience with Wood was.

GREAT pics! GREAT car by the way. I think I test drove your car ;)
My experience with Wood Mazda was excellent! After preparing myself for the worst (I had just finished reading Edmunds' expose on the car business), I was shocked on friendly and low-key they were. Steve T. was my salesman, and he was very cool. No pressure about extended warranties / paint sealents / etc. I actually had to bug him about adding accessories :D Overall, a very pleasant purchasing experience, and I can absolutely recommend them!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Re: another SR person here

My experience with Wood Mazda was excellent! After preparing myself for the worst (I had just finished reading Edmunds' expose on the car business), I was shocked on friendly and low-key they were. Steve T. was my salesman, and he was very cool. No pressure about extended warranties / paint sealents / etc. I actually had to bug him about adding accessories :D Overall, a very pleasant purchasing experience, and I can absolutely recommend them![/quote]

Good stuff. I guess my salesguy is Kerian (sp?) a little Irish guy. He was also quite personable... much better than the Honda dealership.

If ya dont mind me asking, what did ya pay for the rig? Did ya haggle at all? Did ya finance or pay cash? I ask all this because I am not quite comfortable dealing with car salesman and the whole car buying experience. I have had my 92 honda since 95... its the only car I have ever had... so I dont have much practice with these sharks in shirt and tie clothing :huh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts