1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 Sedan & Hatchback BK 10.03 > 40 x 2006 1, 13
http://www.koni.com/konisport/

Do theese work for a 2007?
Anyone have a dealer or site for the kit?
Any Reviews?
Helpful links?

the koni yellows and springs.
i have been looking but people usually sell the serperately not in the kit.

reviews comments.. telling me to search, whatever your input.
thanks

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Yeah, the springs are vogtland? I think. A german spring manufacturer that produces quality stuff.

Anyways, the Koni Yellows will firm the suspension up and make the ride more "bumpy" than stock, even if you set it at the softest setting. (Which is what's recommended)

If you want your ride to become more sensitive to the road, in that you can feel the little bumps more crisply, and you want to reduce body roll, dive, and squat... Then upgrade to Koni Yellows.

If you want your ride to mainain a near stock feeling and get good grip on rough/uneven pavement. Plus reap the benefits of reduced body roll, then get Koni FSDs.

The Koni Yellows will definitely be better for smooth surfaces though, plus they are rebound adjustable so you can make them feel firm.

I think both shocks will be durable and are quality shocks.

Keep in mind, I think that if you have cheap tires, then it's sort of pointless to upgrade the suspension. Right now i have FSDs, and I feel like the RSA-s are definitely holding me back from my true cornering potential. :)

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Koni lists that kit as working on 2007s. I'm considering the same thing, or the FSD kit they have. They sport kit is going to be firmer, though, while the FSD/Eibach kit is a little more comfortable for the steet. Both are great products, though, Koni is one of, if no the leading, shock manufacturer in the world. I've run the Koni yellows(sports) on a previous car and they were great.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i run koni yellows and nuespeed race springs on my 90 accord.
they are pretty sweet.

i know that tires will hold me back.
but i would rather have a lowered ride with stock tires.
than have a 2 inch wheel gap with new wheels and tires..

and fsds and ebiach.. eh i don't like ebiach they are too.. mainstream, seem a bit over rated. if you know what i mean.
and ride quality is a concern.. but after you add mount inserts and other mods to make your suspension stiffer it's not that big of a change..

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I previously had Teins which are also mainstream, however I changed to prokits because they the only spring officially endorsed by Koni to work with their FSDs. FSDs actually work best with OEM springs. Perhaps the Vogtland springs will work too, and I would think, any quality linear spring with a small drop.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was honestly looking for koni to have a more extreme drop than 1.7 inches..
more like 2.4 in or something.. but... it's all good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts