Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
yah

i've used neither, i've heard the fsds wear out and lose their supple flavour easily

i'd go mazdaspeed regardless if only because they'll be alright if you're lowered too.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
i have mazdaspeed accessory springs + struts. i recommend them

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
i would like to know about mazdaspeed as well because i was also looking into fsd vs. mazdaspeed... Who are some cheap vendors for mazdaspeed shocks? (i own a mz3).

Sorry i dont mean to threadjack or anything

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dont know much about them, but Ive heard nothing but good stuff about them so far. Plus its free shipping. :Hi5:

·
Registered
99 Posts
I ordered a set of OBX headers, a few gauges, an AutoEXE strut tower bar and an oil filter from them in October '08. I've yet to receive any of the items and they dont respond to emails.

Shady company imo, they owe me $570 worth of parts. Obviously they don't give a crap.

·
Registered
10,527 Posts
I am hopefully getting some slightly used ones here this week and I'll be putting them on Saturday. I'll give you guys a review shortly there after.

[quote author=quiksilverx181 link=topic=139546.msg3010199#msg3010199 date=1237761276]
how reliable is protegegarage? http://siteground207.com/~protegeg/product_info.php?cPath=22_310_70&products_id=155 This it?
[/quote]

I ordered brake pads off them a while ago and had no issue with them. A friend buys a lot of parts from them for his Protege and never has any issues either.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
i ordered my clutch and flywheel from them, had no issues...

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks you guys for backing me up, I was like OMG @ the post below mine, sorry to hear that bro, lawsuit is always an option.

·
Registered
99 Posts
[quote author=Verto link=topic=139546.msg3010870#msg3010870 date=1237782939]
i ordered my clutch and flywheel from them, had no issues...
[/quote]

I've also ordered many parts from them, I've probably spent well over $2k there. The parts they haven't shipped yet were marked 'out of stock, awaiting shipment from vendor' and after numerous emails they still haven't let me know whats going on since I've placed the orders in October. The parts were in bigger orders so I've already gotten some of the things I've bought just not all.

I really wish they would sort this out because there are a lot of nice quality parts that they exclusively carry -- parts that I would like to order -- but as far as I'm concerned I wont spend anymore money there if they're just going just beat around the bush with me.

*Ontopic* I have the Koni FSD's which I quite like. Although as someone has already said they loose their koni-ness(?) after a while, and end up just like stock shocks...

Tom

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yea, ive heard the same thing im leanin more toward the mazdaspeeds now, theyre also a lil cheaper.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
FWIW folks, if you do any kind of competition that give out real results (time slips from a drag race don't count.) you can join the Mazdaspeed program. They have a discount program for racers. I'm getting the MS accessory shocks for about $400 for all four corners. You need two events per year to qualify.

www.mazdaspeedmotorsports.com

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Autocross (which I do), rally cross, drag racing (again, actual competition, not taking runs at the track), road racing, time trials.

Check the website to get a complete list.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts